Author Topic: Tubes for Hulme case feeder and Freeloader parts/schematic  (Read 12676 times)

Michael Carlin

• Active Members
  • Don't let the bastards get you down!
    • View Profile
Tubes for Hulme case feeder and Freeloader parts/schematic
« on: January 05, 2005, 10:13:54 pm »
Where can I get the tube for my Hulme .45 acp case feeder?

Where can I buy a free loader, or does anyone have the dimensions to make one?
Yours in Marksmanship,

Michael Carlin

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:30:14 pm »
The entire Freeloader Patent, including all of the drawings are captured in the www.starreloaders.com photo album at http://forum.starreloaders.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=7
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Lifetyme

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 03:48:19 pm »
I am going to be selling a couple of machines in the near future and needed the plastic tubing in order to have complete, working units to sell (I have been switching the plastic tubes between whichever machine I was using at the time).  I checked the Yellow Pages for "Plastics" and found a local supply house.  I bought clear, rigid 1/2" ID/91/16" OD in six-foot lengths.  I think I paid about eighty cents a foot but I don't have the receipt in front of me.  Apparently it's not hard to find but stores like Home Depot don't carry it.

Regards.

Bob
Best Regards.

Bob

C. D. Nicolas

• View Profile
Case tubes
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 08:48:57 pm »
I found plastic tubes locally also, had them cut into 3' lengths, I then drilled them and stuck cotter keys (auto parts supply) thru them and they work like orginal only still very clear.                                                                                                         On internet  I found and ordered one ten foot piece 1.25 I.D. CLEAR sch. 40 PVC. Had them cut it 4'/6' and ship UPS. Haven't yet but intend to cut in ether 10" or 12" lenghts, turn I.D. 1.375 for approx. 1" and slightly bevel I.D. on other  (for cap) and replace feeder tube on a couple of powder magazines. Little concerned about static but will watch carefully and proceed slowly.                                                                                                       The case tubes work fine up thru 45 ACP, what do you use for 44 Mag.? Is there a guide for which Hulme feeder block (correct terminology?) to use for each caliber?

Lifetyme

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 09:57:14 pm »
I've never loaded .44 Magnum on a Star so I'm sorry I can't help you there.  I'll try to look through my old Hulme instructions tomorrow about the top required for the .44.

Bob
Best Regards.

Bob