Author Topic: 223 Rem die planned by CH Tool and Die  (Read 10139 times)

Manuel

• Active Members
    • View Profile
223 Rem die planned by CH Tool and Die
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:39:07 am »
Dave (dave at ch4d dot com) has let me know that CH Tool & Die/4D Custom Die plans a run of at least 10 Star die sets for 223 Rem in the Spring or Summer of 2010.

I have already let him know that I want 2 sets. 

I don't know if they will actually keep a list of potential buyers and notify them when the dies are ready but I am sure he would appreciate hearing from potential buyers so he can more comfortably estimate how many to make in the first run.  He may also want to know if the preference is a 2 die or 3 die set.

If you are interested, please email him. 

Manuel Cepeda

catmandu

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: 223 Rem die planned by CH Tool and Die
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:54:34 pm »
Do you have any idea what the projected cost is?

An estimate would do.

Thanks,

Paul in WNY

Manuel

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:45 pm »
The Star dies aren't listed on the CH Tool and Die website.  Caliber availability and price are available by email  (address is on website) or calling (again, number is on website).  Try emailing them, it will also let them know there is interest out there. 

Anyone purchased Star dies from them recently who can let us know what they paid?  The last one I bought from them was a taper crimp die in 38 Spec. and that was a long time ago.

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:33:16 pm »
I don't know what they will sell a .223 die for, but in the past CH has sold sizing and seating dies with the Star thread for about $75 each.   I contacted them a while back to say I'd be interested in a .223 die set when they make them.   They said they didn't know when they would be making them, but they would contact me when they did,
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:46:18 am »
The last time i bought a die from them, they quoted me  $150.00 for a set, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member