Author Topic: Star Progressive 38 spec  (Read 10189 times)

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Star Progressive 38 spec
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:11:10 am »
Gentlemen, can the 38 progressive machine be changed to 9mm, without modifacations, thanks George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Star Progressive 38 spec
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:27 am »
The .38 Special Progressive model will only load .38s.  A Universal model in .38 could be converted to 9mm but you would need new dies and a new shell plate.  An extra tool head would be nice, so you would not have to change out the dies on the existing tool head.
Distinguished Pistol Shot

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:14:55 am »
Thank you, i knew one of my Universals could be used, having never owned a Progressive, i did not know if they would change or not, thank you for the reply, i will just change one of my Universals, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

bustertoo

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 03:17:37 pm »
George, The progressive machine can be changed to load 9mm and several other small cartridges but requires some modification to the base. The cartridge drop out hole must be plugged and a cut must be made in the correct location for removal of the loaded round. Some 9mm shell plates will fit right into the base recess but some are slightly too large in diameter.  John

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:00:54 pm »
Thanks John, thats what i suspected, i have 2 Universals, so will use one of them, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member