Author Topic: Reloading information for a Universal Machine  (Read 8712 times)

bigbologna

• View Profile
Reloading information for a Universal Machine
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:38:06 pm »
I posted this request a few days ago but there was a request for a picture of the machine which I now have.  My father had this Universal reloader that has a rotating head that will hold up to 10 dies and has a place for 4 shell holders on the bottom.  I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get some information on this machine as I would like to start reloading with it.

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: Reloading information for a Universal Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:57:19 pm »
Wow!   That's like the ultimate turret press.  Not a Star, but I have no idea who made it.

I can see where it says Universal, but I can't make out the other line of text.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

lukasboy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:15 pm »
The reloader you have wa made by the  Hollywood Gun shop Of Calif. I have a couple but have never reloaded with them.

bigbologna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:12:35 pm »
Thanks for the information.

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »
Great press to "inherit".  The Hollywood gun shop used to make premium reloading equipment back in the day.  They had an aluminum frame version of this one as well as and iron frame version.  Some of them also had several oversize die holes to hold shotgun dies.  You can still buy shell holders for this from CH (I believe) and you see them with some frequency on ebay.  I have one that adapts to hold standard shell holders so you dont have to buy a set of the special ones.  You can find these as well. These work on the upstroke, something you dont see much anymore.  Enjoy it, you have a real keeper there.