Author Topic: Wilkerson??  (Read 13374 times)

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Wilkerson??
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:38:30 am »
For maybe a decade before Star closed a father and son worked there named, I think, Wilkerson.  The father worked in the plant.  The son, Rob, answered the phone and took the orders.  When the father retired it was to Phoenix.  That happened years before Ellord died.

Anyone know how to reach these people?
former progressive press collector

eaglemike

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • http://eagle-m-e.com
Wilkerson??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 02:23:14 am »
I worked at Star, for a total of about 5 years. The Wilkersons only worked in the office. When Ira retired, Rob took his position. Rob had sorta helped in the office, and done some shipping prior to that. I've heard from several people in the past that they thought the Wilkerson's had some ownership - not true at all. I know that the original owners felt some resentment toward the Wilkersons as they had passed a lot of info to the Dillon Company. I still own a few Star presses and sizers.

All the best,
Eagle Mfg & Eng since 1990

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Wilkerson??
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 12:04:41 pm »
Know where the Wilkerson's are now?

eaglemike

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • http://eagle-m-e.com
Wilkerson??
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:11:13 pm »
Ken,

No idea at all. A good friend of mine, George Rainbolt, was doing the shipping and office stuff the last few years (at Star).  He passed away about a year ago, at the age of 50! :(

all the best,

Mike
Eagle Mfg & Eng since 1990

SixStars

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Wilkerson??
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:23:08 pm »
Reference the Wilkersons . . . specifically Rob Wilkerson . . . I believe he moved to Arizona in 1990 or 1991. I purchased 5 Star Reloaders from Star while Rob was working the front office on 10th Ave.. He often talked about moving to Arizona to join his father . . . Scottsdale or some where in that general vicinity. I bet a call to the folks at Dillion might develope some leads . . . old reloaders seem to be attracted to the smell of gun oil and powder.
Remain calm . . . return fire.

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:29:12 pm »
The Star folks and the Dillon people aren't friendly!

Never could find the Wilkersons.

Lifetyme

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 02:02:21 am »
Ken,

No idea at all. A good friend of mine, George Rainbolt, was doing the shipping and office stuff the last few years (at Star). ?He passed away about a year ago, at the age of 50! :(

all the best,

Mike

Hello Mike.

I am sorry to hear about George passing away.? I bought quite a few parts from him and he did some work for me on some of my toolheads.? He was very helpful and courteous to me.? I was at Star the day that Bill arrived to take inventory of his new business and George introduced us.

Rob used to talk quite a bit about moving to Arizona but I don't recall just where.

Regards,

Bob
Best Regards.

Bob