Author Topic: Making a powder charge slide?  (Read 6772 times)

MikeM

• View Profile
Making a powder charge slide?
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:45:46 pm »
My generous Uncle gave me a Star Press to load .45 ACP.  The only problem is that it is set up for 3.7 grains of Bullseye, which is not enough to cycle my guns.  I have been bypassing the powder charge station, and manually pouring in 5 grains of Bullseye, which is frustrating and messy.

I haven't been able to find any powder slides for sale online.  Has anyone ever tried to have a machinist make parts for their Star Press?  I'm thinking that if he could duplicate the powder slide I have, and just make the hole a little larger it might work….. Or, I could just drill out the hole in the one I have…. I'd hate to screw it up though.  Any thoughts on this?

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: Making a powder charge slide?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:43 pm »
I make powder slides and have them in stock.  Call me at (908) 750-6321. That's the number for Star Machine Works.  I'm a little surprised that StarMachineWorks.com didn't show up in your search.

Bruce
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:17:08 pm »
Bruce will machine you a wonderful powder slide and bushing that fits tight and works well! Two thumbs up!

Allaces

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:20:24 am »
Bruce made my powder slide and it drops exactly 2.8 gr BE. And he's a great dude to do business with.
Two Stars in SC
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired