Author Topic: WTS Lee Case Feeders with Adapter to Mount on a Star Reloader  (Read 41011 times)

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
WTS Lee Case Feeders with Adapter to Mount on a Star Reloader
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:58:37 pm »
This listing is for an assembly to feed your Hulme case feeder.   It consists of a Lee Case Feeder and Collator and an adapter to mount the assembly on your Star reloader.   The Lee Collator works in much the same way as the Freeloader in that you dump in handfuls of brass, and they turn bottom side down and fall into the tube.  The Lee case feeder has four tubes which can be rotated into position to supply more brass as each tube empties.

The kit comes complete with the adapter, the Lee case feeder tube assembly and collator and an 11" drop tube that connects the adapter to your Hulme case feeder.  The kit with an aluminum adapter is $65 and with a brass adapter it's $80.  The 11" polycarbonate tube that connects the adapter to the Hulme case feeder has a 1/2" ID which will work with all calibers up to and including 41 Magnum.   If you plan to load 44 Magnum, 45 Colt or 45 Auto Rim, I can supply a piece of original vintage Hulme case feeder tube for those calibers for an additional $5.

This is a Lee video that shows how the Collator works.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5BA23f6zg

Shipping via Priority Mail with insurance should be $20-$25 depending on your location.   

Just finished a new batch of both brass and aluminum adapters, so both are available

Bruce Williams

Star Machine Works LLC

Note:   The adapter is not compatible with the case feeder that Lee currently offers.   A few years back Lee redesigned their case feeder into a Universal model and eliminated the Large Pistol, Small Pistol and Rifle models they had previously offered.  The adapter is designed to work with the Large Pistol version, and I have plenty of those in stock.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 07:01:54 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Welsh Rifleman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: WTS Lee Case Feeder Adapters
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:38:53 pm »
Hello Bruce......sign me up for two of these brass case feeder adapters and contact me via email for the details.

I believe you still have my email contact information but here it is:  k5vuu at comcast dot net

Regards,

George aka Welsh Rifleman
NRA Patron
American Single Shot Rifle Association
Texas State Rifle Association
Single Action Shooting Society

Stillwater

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »
Bruce;
I need three of the BRASS adaptors. Send me an invoice, or which ever way you want to do it, and I will pay you which ever way you want me to.

Bill

heliflyer36 AT aol DOT com
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:22:45 pm by Stillwater »

Welsh Rifleman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »
My two brass case feeder adapters arrived today. :)

And like the other components that I have purchased from Bruce......they not only look great - they fit and work great! :)
NRA Patron
American Single Shot Rifle Association
Texas State Rifle Association
Single Action Shooting Society

lukasboy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »
Hello Bruce, I would also like a brass unit, also can you advise of the tubing dia. both inner and outer for the 44/45. Please advise of payment instructions.

jtd

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:06:10 pm »
I bought a couple of these set ups a while back and they are wonderful. I am 100% satisfied. Excellent craftsmanship and materials.

Rockdust

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:53:50 am »
I would like to order one of you Brass adapters, Chuck

Lloyd Sells

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:22 am »
I want this so badly, my Chevron case feeder sucks big time.  I have a Star Progressive tool, not the Universal.  This tool only reloads 38/357.  Tell me everything I need to reload for both cartridges.  I like the brass fittings you make.  How much for the kit and kabutal?

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 02:38:47 pm »
Bruce,

I am ready to pull out my old Star Progressive and get it running.  Do you have the brass unit (with tube) in stock at this time?  Please shoot me an e-mail at   < gfrog53 AT yahoo DOT com > and let me know whether a check is OK or I need to send a PO Money Order.  FWIW, I've got the complete Hulme unit already installed, but missing the feed tube.

Regards,
Froggie

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »
My adaptor unit (in brass) arrived over the weekend... the pictures don't do it justice!  This is art or jewelry quality work.  Thanks, Bruce for an outstanding product.  As I said in our e-mail, I had been thinking of cobbling something together to do the same job, but I could have never come up with this nice a piece; it will do justice to the old but like new Progressive I'll be putting it on.  ;D

Regards,
Charlie Shaeff
Green Frog

PS  Thanks also for the bullet seater we dealt on.  Now I'm completely GTG!!  8)

socksler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »
New member.

How do I contact the gentleman to order the adapter?

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:20 pm »
Greetings,

At the left of the screen underneath the user's id are two icons. One looks like a human the other is the personal message icon. Click on this to send Bruce a Personal Message via the Forum.

Cheers,

Dave

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
Well, I finally got my out Star Progressive™ and all the upgrade parts I've been gathering over the years and carried everything up for a visit with my friend and guru Dale53 in Ohio this past weekend.  I assembled all the goodies (including this adaptor) on my Progressive then mounted the whole thing on a base I found at a second hand shop.  This was my first real experience using the press, and I'm still on a pretty steep learning curve, so I'm learning to manage the modified Hulme Case Feeder as well as all the other features.  The adaptor fits just as advertised and once adjusted, it feeds perfectly and just as important, controls when the next batch of shells drops.   :)

Getting the plastic Lee™ base locked onto the adaptor involved making sure that the holes line up precisely and then lock down securely with the bolt and nuts provided.  When I partially disassemble the unit for storage I leave the base in place on the adaptor and lift out the four plastic tubes and the "funnel" for separate storage.  In this way, I don't have those relatively fragile tubes taking the weight of the cover, but the attachment stays aligned and I can go back to work quickly.  8)

As previously stated, the workmanship of the adaptor (as well as the bullet seater Bruce also provided to me) was absolutely flawless.  I would like to thank Bruce once again and highly recommend his work.  ;D

Froggie

twidle

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:13 pm »
Received my adapter today, it's a work of art.

Thanks
Regards,
Mike

1TonyE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 07:24:33 pm »
Bruce

I received my adapter and other parts yesterday. I am very pleased w/ the adapter,  powder resivor,  and powder bar w/ the insert. They are a real work of art and the workmanship is awesome! !!

Thanks again. ..:)

Tony