Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3779 times)

rkittine

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:10:36 pm »
Hi,

I am from New York, Manhattan and Sag Harbor. Back in the 70s and 80s I had a manufacturing license and sold reloads to the local ranges in Rockland County.

About to get my First Star Press since I sold all the ones I had in 1986. Bruce from Star Machine Works in New Jersey just completed one for me set up for .32 S&W Long WC. Should have it in two or three days.

Looking forward to getting back up to speed with a new to me rebuilt Star Machine. Next will be one in .38 and probably one in .45.

Bob

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 02:32:59 pm »
If you're getting a machine from Bruce, you'll be getting a nice one!

Welcome!
John

rkittine

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 11:13:23 am »
Thanks John - Bruce sent me pictures of it before it shipped. It is due to arrive on my front porch tomorrow.

Bob

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 11:17:13 am »
You're fulfilling one of my goals.  The Star press in 32 S&W is like a dream for me and has been for a while. I'm wondering though, why did you start with that instead of the 38 or 45?

Froggie

rkittine

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 04:43:26 pm »
I already have presses set up strictly for 38 and 45 and am now shooting more 32 than those calibers. So this was what I wanted first for higher output. Also there is a bigger chance of finding a used 38 or 45 than one in 32.

Bob