Author Topic: M. Hoyer CO. indexer  (Read 6673 times)

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
M. Hoyer CO. indexer
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »
Anyone got one or pics of it set up ? It's really close to the Brewster unit from the Brewster paper work that I got from someone here. The main differences are the there is no mounting point for the spring  on the vertical upright and the " drive finger assembly" is different

Rolling Stone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: M. Hoyer CO. indexer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »
Angus,
Either all the Brewsters aren't alike or I have one that is something else too. Two of mine have the long spring that fastens to the upright piece, one has a spring that goes kind of wraps around the pivot and bent ends that fasten to either end to make the action. Sorry if that is hazy but if necessary I can take a picture. I notice all of the ones I have have some differences in the yoke that contacts the shell. I didn't know if it was factory or something fashioned by a previous owner. I have 2 variations of the adjuster for the length of stroke as well. Two are a bent wire and one is a plate. It is very easy to let the aluminum finger or yoke get into the knurled nut that holds the shellplate if you cycle it without a shell in place to index. That works kind of like a file on the end of the yoke. Ask me how I know.
RS

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: M. Hoyer CO. indexer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »
RS would be great to see pics , I can't get any taking till Sunday
Bob