Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Star Reloaders / Re: Star Dies
« Last post by fc60 on April 04, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »
Greetings,

The expander plug and powder snout are 0.500-27 UNS.

Cheers,

Dave
Star Reloaders / Re: Star Dies
« Last post by joe3320 on April 04, 2021, 10:25:13 am »
Thread Size of Star Reloading Press

Threads: 11/16-24 (Star)

Dies are 11/16-24 (Star)

Threads: 7/8"-14 (Standard)
Star Reloaders / Star Dies
« Last post by Bryan Marino on April 04, 2021, 10:17:15 am »
What thread specs are Star reloading dies, anyone?
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: Moon Unit
« Last post by bwpsc on April 03, 2021, 12:44:26 pm »
It is a case indexer that advances the shell plate as the handle of the press is worked.
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: Moon Unit
« Last post by elysianfield! on April 03, 2021, 12:43:17 am »
Hello,
   ,,,What is a "moon unit"?
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Trade 9mm Star tooling
« Last post by elysianfield! on April 03, 2021, 12:23:52 am »
Hello,
   I have an extra set of Star 9mm Parabellum dies/shell plate. I also have similar sets for 38 Spl., 45ACP, 44 Magnum. I would like to trade a set of the tooling for another caliber.  Will trade either the tooling or complete head with tooling assembled.  I need 32 ACP.   Thank you.  Gerald Schwartz 
Star Reloaders / Re: Powder Measure
« Last post by Bryan Marino on April 02, 2021, 08:32:52 am »
LOVE my Dillons, like the versatility in being able to switch calibers so easily. That said I ended up with seven Dillons and had each one dedicated to a single caliber! Their weakest point and what caused me the most problems is their primer systems, but what hooked me on them was the RL1050 which swaged the primer pocket on military .45 acp brass at the third station. When I started IPSC/USPSA in 1982 everyone shot a Colt .45, however brass was very scarce in Canada and the only brass available in any quantity was US military with crimped primers. The 1050 was great, it manufactured perfect .45 ammo from once fired military brass! The primer system caused a lot of headaches until I replaced the plastic ends on the primer tubes with turned brass fittings. My new-to-me Star progressive primer system has been perfect in my brief experience with it, and I can see the beauty in the powder system and the fixed charge bar. In fact I have pinned two of my Dillon measures so they are fixed and cannot come out of adjustment.

Just my $.02
Star Reloaders / Re: DIY case kicker
« Last post by daviscustom on March 31, 2021, 09:05:26 am »
Thanks for the input! Yeah that looks like a simple solution for keeping the case in the pocket.  I think the big things I want to do next are make the kicker leg a little stouter on the outside end.... itís a little fragile,  and I need to make the trip lever that hangs down a little longer so the press can raise high enough for a loaded cartridge to clear the die before it ejects. I never thought about how much the press would have to raise before the cartridge would be free of the crimp die until I started bending that kicker arm.  It was a good thing I was trying to video itís function to post online.... it would have take a little head scratching to figure out what was happening.
« Last post by rbwillnj on March 30, 2021, 02:12:35 pm »
Actually, I like your system because it doesn't interfere with a taper crimp die.   You might consider a thin wire like used on the MA Systems Eject-Ease to push the case back in.   It doesn't interfere with the ejection.   Picture attached, let me know if you need a better one.  This is what I had handy.

One note:   Not all Shell Plate Thrust Nuts are the same size.  Yours looks like a late model which is the smallest.  Earlier ones tended to have a bigger diameter.

Bruce Williams
« Last post by daviscustom on March 30, 2021, 09:53:46 am »
There are lots of ways to skin this cat, and I see now why the RayVin design uses a kicker with a prong on both sides of the case....It keeps the case from trying to slide out of the slot when you rotate it around.  And there are advantages in his design of only having one part moving. I hate to move back more in the direction of mimicking his design, but I think it probably is a better design than what Iíve come up with so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »