Author Topic: Indexor on Ebay  (Read 8226 times)

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Indexor on Ebay
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:56:21 pm »
Two interesting types of indexors on ebay. One is of a design I have seen a spec sheet on but not the actual unit. It also appears to eject.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Indexor on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »
The other is a So-mar, mlore of a manual indexor rather then the automatics often seem. Priced at $ 35.00 did not seem to bad.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Stillwater

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
Two interesting types of indexors on ebay. One is of a design I have seen a spec sheet on but not the actual unit. It also appears to eject.

I saw both of those. One looks like a device that only Rube Goldberg could admire...!

Bill

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »
Actually the Rube Goldberg device,....with the pulley and wire, is the only one I know of that will work with a Phelps Reloader.   These have a clock work spring under the pulley that is often broken.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

wayne

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »
I owned one of the Phelps indexers years ago,and the spring did break.I used a spring return key holder,the kind that hooks on your belt.I just clipped it on the back edge of the the indexer and hooked the cable to the indexer tongue.It never broke.