Author Topic: Former Employee  (Read 8548 times)

boverton

• View Profile
Former Employee
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
Hey all, I just stumbled onto this website. I worked for the guys when I was just getting ready to graduate from Monte Vista High school in Spring Valley. I was what you would say "Low Man on the Totem Pole". I guess that would be from 1977-79. I then entered the military. I have many fond memories working at Star. One of my jobs was picking up stock steel and oil driving the old blue ford truck they had. 3 on the column. Grinding the slag off of the casted pieces of the reloader. I was taught how to run some of the screw machines. The stories I was told about the building of the Panama Canal. Anyways just wanted to say Hey....Bryan Overton.

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Former Employee
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »
Greetings Bryan,

Welcome! What a treat to have an actual employee visiting the forum.

Do you have any memories of how they heat treated the steel parts? Did they "farm it out" or do the process in-house?

Cheers,

Dave

boverton

• View Profile
Re: Former Employee
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »
I am 99% sure that was farmed out. The two gentleman that ran the shop when I was there were two very cool and interesting people. I remember the older of the two had a small tattoo on his arm and hated cabbage. The other had worked on the Panama Canal who had great stories to tell.