Author Topic: Two additional accessories for a Star - what are they?  (Read 3213 times)

ddeck22

• View Profile
Two additional accessories for a Star - what are they?
« on: December 29, 2021, 03:51:21 pm »
I have searched all over trying to find the answer about what these two parts are.  They came in a box with other items for the press (small primer slide, decapping pins, etc) but I can't figure out the two that aren't the Primer Punch Bushing Screwdriver.

The smaller one has a threaded hole in the top, the larger one is solid.

Humbo

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Two additional accessories for a Star - what are they?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 06:05:51 pm »
They are the parts in a die extractor for a Star sizer.

ddeck22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 06:48:02 pm »
Thank you very much.  I thought about the possibility that they were part of the accompanying Luber/Sizer but didn't see any info on that one either.

Very much appreciate your reply.

EDIT:  Now I see it :  the 5101 die extractor pieces.  The bullet remover was threaded in the wrong way.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:54:30 pm by ddeck22 »

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 07:54:06 pm »
Greetings,

The "tee" handle wrench is to remove the primer bushing when changing from large to small; or, vice versa.

Cheers,

Dave

ddeck22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 08:04:17 pm »
Thanks, someone else on this board had called it the "Primer Punch Bushing Screwdriver" and I found that as #51.  The drawing in the picture from the original manual is much different.  Luckily, the estate from which I got these had kept all the original documentation and receipts, so I was able to match everything else up (including the extra 6 decapping pins the person bought and never used).  I was there for 45 ACP brass when they told me to take these too (Luber/sizer and the press in 45ACP).  Based on the documentation, this was bought in 1968 with some very minor usage and then packed away for 50 years.

Humbo

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 05:29:07 pm »
Thank you very much.  I thought about the possibility that they were part of the accompanying Luber/Sizer but didn't see any info on that one either.

Very much appreciate your reply.

EDIT:  Now I see it :  the 5101 die extractor pieces.  The bullet remover was threaded in the wrong way.

I am very happy to help!