Author Topic: Case Indexer  (Read 10500 times)

Marty

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Case Indexer
« on: February 18, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »
I ended up with a case indexer in a recent purchase and I need to see the extra parts to make it work.  I need help to post a picture of it here.

It is black and all cast aluminum with a slide that moves the case into position when operated. No name. But it did come from a Star reloader. It has two feet and is cut out to slide under the primer feed, about 11 inches long and with an arm that sticks up about 9 inches.      Marty

ed looney

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Case Indexer
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »
I think you have a, SHELL PLATE INDEXER, No 100. Ed

Welsh Rifleman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »
http://www.sbsdistributing.com/index.php?pr=Star_Press_Accessories

Sounds like you may be describing this one....check it out.
NRA Patron
American Single Shot Rifle Association
Texas State Rifle Association
Single Action Shooting Society

Marty

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:49:55 pm »
Similar in operation except mine bridges the aluminum base plate  instead of mounting to it.  The case index arm on mine is a short aluminum spring operated one with a cut-out in the end of it for the case.  I need to see the type of connection from the indexer to the machine that makes it work.  Thank you for the reply.   Marty

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
There is an actuator that mounts on one of the links that makes the whole thing work.   If you don't have it, I have a couple of new ones.  I also have a set of instructions.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 07:40:21 pm »
Kind of sounds like a Brewster indexer or a clone therof.  Sorry I dont have a picture, I had one at one time and got rid of it.  There may be a pic out there on the web with some searching.  Bruce is correct, there is a small block that is clamped onto one of the link arms, the block has a small rod that comes down and actuates the indexer to push the case and shell plate forward.  Good luck.

Marty

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:37 am »
To  rbwillnj;   I tracked down a link and a picture with instructions.   I have the brewster indexer.  It is complete except for the finger on the link arm.   If this is the part you have, how much?    Thanks for your information.    Marty

There is an actuator that mounts on one of the links that makes the whole thing work.   If you don't have it, I have a couple of new ones.  I also have a set of instructions.

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:22 pm »
Marty,   I sent you a PM

To  rbwillnj;   I tracked down a link and a picture with instructions.   I have the brewster indexer.  It is complete except for the finger on the link arm.   If this is the part you have, how much?    Thanks for your information.    Marty

Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com