Author Topic: 2 STAR RELOADERS FOR SALE  (Read 8534 times)

RomanD77

• View Profile
2 STAR RELOADERS FOR SALE
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:21:12 pm »
Hello. I inherited 2 Star Reloaders, and am interested in selling. I am hoping to get some assistance in determining the value. One is 38 special, the other is 45 ACP. The 38 appears to be in much better condition. Any other advice on what to look for in determining their value would be appreciated also. Or tell me I'm crazy for selling them. Thank you. Roman D in CT.

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: 2 STAR RELOADERS FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:28 pm »
There is a topic on this forum detailing prices and sales. Although I have not added to it recently, the prices have for the most part remained fairly consistent. You can also look on this site for presses bought and sold, as well as take a look at sold prices from Ebay for a ballpark.  You should keep in mind that 38 was the most common caliber manufactured by Star with the 45 a close second. From the pictures, the .38 is a Progressive model. The .45 is a Universal, thus allowing for caliber changes with other heads and accessories. They do appear to have some minor rust patina, but if fully functional with all parts, the appearance can easily be cleaned up and the presses put to use.
Would be helpful to determine what dies are installed and what powder measure bar. That would give a good indication of what they most likely were used to load.

The Star is a fine press, with few of todays even comparable to it. It does however have some limitations depending on what you load. ie: cost of acquiring other calibers, cannot load rifle, etc.

Take a look at the www.StarMachineWorks.com also. It is run by Bruce Williams, who is   RBWILLNJ on this site. 
Good luck.   
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

RomanD77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:35:03 am »
Thank you for the response. Last list of prices I found was from 2011, but very helpful. If anyone would like to make an offer I would like to sell them both together. Quick sale. Thanks again.

RomanD77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:57 am »
Both sold. Thanks for the help here.