Author Topic: WTB - Star Universal  (Read 5900 times)

Bones813

• Active Members
    • View Profile
WTB - Star Universal
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:24:49 am »
I'm looking for a star universal set up to load large pistol primer cartridges.  I don't mind dusty with some surface rust, but I'd like it to be functional. If you know where I might find one I would entertain the idea of some kind of a "brokerage" fee, or if you have something like this, please let me know.

Nasty Ned

• View Profile
Re: WTB - Star Universal
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:09 pm »
I have a Universal Machine set up for 45 acp includes a taper crimp die and an extra head and shell plate for 38 S&W Special.  The machine has a forwarding unit that turns the shell plate when you pull the handle.  I have a set of the large powder measure and adaptors to make it fit in a 00 slide.  I bought the machine new in the early 60's and have the original box.  Instruction manuals are available here if you need one. I may have mine, if I do I will include thatI have several powder slides available and have an adjustable one that will go with the machine if you pay my price which is $850.00 plus frt.  The powder reservoir is a new plastic one with a much needed cut off valve.  I love the wonderful old machine but just don't need the volume it is capable of and need the $$ instead.  Yes, I was a Master Bullseye shooter and used her a lot, but, it is as good as new right now. Without the Star I never would have been able to load the amount of ammo needed for the practice required to get my Master Card. I still have my Lyman All American which will do me for the volume I shoot now. :)A Hulme case feeder is inlcuded along with primer pick up tubes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:09:19 pm by Nasty Ned »