Author Topic: Bill Cunningham and Star parts  (Read 32165 times)

Hugh Tyer

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Bill Cunningham and Star parts
« on: December 09, 2008, 02:53:05 pm »
 I recently bought a Star universal with 45 & 38 heads. I picked them up at a gunshow along with a sizer luber and two bullet molds.
There were several small parts missing, such as the large primer mag and the primer follower along with the small primer mag and the primer punch and bushing. To make a long story short I emailed Bill Cunningham to order these parts. I received a prompt reply ( next day ) sent him an order and received the parts I needed today.
The whole process took two weeks and I am very pleased. Bill doesn't seem to like the telephone but did respond to email.
Just a personal comment.
Hugh Tyer

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Cunningham and Star parts
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:14 pm »
Hugh,
Apparently you caught him during one of the moments when he can be reached. Believe me, I, &  others have had the frustration of reaching him then then not reaching him. This has been, and apparently, ever will be. When he can't be reached e-mails will be useless too.

Ron H

starman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:23 am »
Boy you must live right I had no luck at all for parts.

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:24:25 pm »
I posted my experience in another topic, but:

I ordered parts in March.
There were some order and mail issues.
(check lost, order misplaced, missed e-mails, etc.)
However, once able to communicate with Bill and get everything straightened out, I finally received all parts in January.

I did re-order another item that I forget. Will let you know how that goes, but I would expect positive response and outcome.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:08:00 am »
Received additional parts in a timely manner.
Ordered early January, (7th) received yesterday 02/27.

Bill did E-mail me that he was waiting for check to clear since I made it to him not Star Machines. My mistake.

I know Bill has time constraints and other obligations that cause some delay,  but has always followed through with parts orders.
Still a good source.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

starman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 05:25:44 pm »
you are pretty lucky I tried to get parts from him and no luck maybe it is a good time for you to start playing the lottery  Starman   from    Kalifornia

Hardrockshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:02 pm »
In November (late) I ordered a samll promer slide and a Large primer slide, by December 7th I had my parts.

cc656d

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 10:17:18 am »
What is Bill 's email and snail mail address?
Distinguished pistol shot
2600 club
NIB Star
Benefactor member NRA
Life Member Va, Md, WVa, and Fl State Shooting Associations , Life OGCA

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 10:32:25 am »
His info is at www.starmachineworks.com.  He has a parts diagram on the site as well.
Distinguished Pistol Shot

LHTEX

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 11:27:40 am »
Just FYI, I sent an order for about $25 worth of small parts by US Mail on 6/5/06 and enclosed a check.  I never got a reply (or any parts), but the good news is the check was never cashed.

tguntrader

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 08:28:00 pm »
HI Guy,s
           Just a note to say I just got a order of small parts from Bill. I am working on  two loaders for p.d. dept, from the time we started talking it only took two weeks to get parts.
I think a lot of his problems deals with getting  some in calf. to do work at a price he has on web sight. The parts I got was a lot cheaper than the prices I was paying on ebay. He has found some one in col. to make parts for him and hope to supply what we need.
He is still the best source for parts?

Tguntrader

tony barone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 09:09:37 pm »
I have always had good results getting parts from Bill and his prices are very reasonable.

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »
Bills been great to deal with, not the quickest to return e/m but is good to go in my book, seems to run 2 weeks from mailing payment to receiving a box of goodies ;D

hemitom

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 01:24:26 am »
 :o  Well, I have left three phone messages over the last month, and sent one e-mail the other night, still no response.  I have his home phone number (As a Certified International Investigator, after waiting for over a month with dead leads I usually look for things like that) but I don't want to bother him at home, unless someone out there who has had experience with him can guide me in the right direction, and advise if calling him at home will make him become disenchanted with me.  I certainly don't want to alienate the guy, I just want to give him a little business, and buy parts from him.  If Bill sees this, maybe he can e-mail me at [no e-mail]@.com. I'm trying to do the right thing here and not ruffle any feathers.  Hemitom :o
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Navy League
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified International Investigator
Automotive Photojournalist

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:38 am »
Greetings,

Post the parts you are looking for. You will be surprised at how many of us have extras or are able to machine them.

Cheers,

Dave