Author Topic: New to Star Presses  (Read 6653 times)

New to Star Presses
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:16 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I am brand new to this forum. I spend a lot of time over on the Cast Boolits site, and have been reloading for about 5 years. I am a huge fan of my Star sizer. I recently went to an estate sale and purchased some reloading equipment that included 2 Star reloading presses, 3 extra toolheads, 6 or 7 shellplates, primer pickup tubes, primer tubes, powder bushings, etc. I really don't have room on my bench for any more presses, BUT I can appreciate the craftsmanship of these presses!!! They are both beautiful and smooth as silk. I just wish I knew more about them. I am unsure if the presses are missing parts. I figured I would come here, to talk to you all (the experts), and maybe someone here would be interested in them. I am located in the St. Louis, MO area if anyone would like to see them. I really don't want to ship them. So, any and all information is appreciated. Thank you for looking!

(I didn't post this in the classified section because I don't know exactly what everything is worth. I have an idea, but didn't want to offend anyone if I asked too high of a price.)

Marty

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: New to Star Presses
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »
Tony, welcome to the Star forum.  You will find a wealth of information here and a surplus of people who are willing to help you.  I reccomend that you read all of the archive messages as they will answer a lot of your questions.  As somewhat of a newby myself I have found answers to many of my questions here.  I have interacted with some of the members and found them to be most helpful. As far as prices of machines and equipment that you have and want to sell or parts that you need, I would check here first on the for sale forum and then check with ebay and compare the prices.  Members here are genuinely interested in the Star as a practical tool and appreciate it for the design,function,simplicity and beauty of the machine.   Ebay on the other hand is a point of sale for some of the members here as well as those who only deal with Star as a money maker.  You will find parts here that you will not find on the open market.  There are also other sites that have equipment that deals with Star, you will find links to them here and through the older posts.  If I may be of any assistance, do not hesitate to ask.    Marty :)

glennil

• View Profile
Re: New to Star Presses
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:59 pm »
Sent you an e-mail, I am not too far from you