Author Topic: Case Ejector Simplified  (Read 8074 times)

MOEDUCATE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Case Ejector Simplified
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »
A  case ejector can be made by screwing to the top of the safety cam post a cotter pin that is long enough to reach about the middle of the shellplate. The screw that holds the safety cam was used and then adjust the angle of the pin to the shellplate to slide the the loaded round off the plate as it is indexed to that station.  Takes about a minute to install and adjust and the cotter pin cost less than 40 cents!!
Have reloaded over 500 .30 carbine rounds without a hitch and it is sure cheaper that the ejectors I have purchased for my other Stars- one of which I had to return for repair after I broke it.

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Case Ejector Simplified
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »
A picture would be great!

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:30:41 pm »
I modified all my stars to eject the finished round using this simple and trouble free method about 5 years ago.

Jerry Lehrer

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:01:45 pm »
No!  None of those suggestions will work with a TAPER Crimp die at that station.

One that DOES work is the Star ejector which replaces the safety cam entirely.  It ejects AFTER the round is crimped.  The original design of that one was done by Bill Mizner of Los Angeles.  He gave me an alumimium version which I improved and then gave to Star.  They further improved it and manufactured it in hardened steel.

There was another one advertised a while back that worked well too, when set up.  U-Tube shows it, somewhere.

Jerry

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:07 pm »
Jerry
I use a taper crimp die on three of My Five Stars with no problems at all.