Author Topic: Green Star? Reloader on eBay  (Read 10592 times)

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Green Star? Reloader on eBay
« on: February 09, 2006, 05:51:42 am »
Has anyone seen the Green "Star" Reloader on eBay?   Looks more like a Phelps to me,  or possibly a Berdon.   The shape of the aluminum base is not quite right.   It also has 7/8" dies, but that doesn't prevent it from being a Star.  Here is the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7217848407&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

TDO'NEILL

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Green Star? Reloader on eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:16:43 pm »
I would also be very suprised if that is a Star press. I thought the same thing about the base. The lifting arms also looked to big. Someone will be in for a surprise.
TDO'NEILL

steven d. ogden

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:08:49 pm »
I looked at a Phelps that I have and it has the same thick base.  I also noticed the silverish looking metal on the side of the base and one the crankshaft--doesn't look like something Star ever did.  The dies are also 7/8 which Star did occasionally but probably never in 45 acp as their dies were superior to anything else available then (or now).
sdo

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:18:03 pm »
CPM's were green like this.  This doesn't look like the CPM I owned but it might be an earlier model.  I asked this seller why he thought that it was a Star.  He just assumed that it was.
former progressive press collector