Author Topic: Looking for content from lurking members...  (Read 13581 times)

starrel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starreloaders.com
Looking for content from lurking members...
« on: October 19, 2003, 01:37:27 am »
Hi members,

I know some of you have history and other information to share about Star. It would be grand if you could post some information on when Star began operations, and when they produced the first of the progressives, the lubricator sizer, etc.

Was there a waiting period for ordering these new, or when did you first get your Star and who were the major dealers?
Admin StarReloaders.com

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Star History
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 08:38:41 pm »
The star design, as you probably know, did not originate at the Star Machine Works.  Rather it appeared in the patent literature of the 1890's in a patent assigned, if memory serves, to Winchester.  Thus the Star was a scaled down copy of an earlier Winchester machine.

The original Star patent was for a machine to load pistol, rifle and shotgun shells.  To the best of my knowledge no shotgun machines were ever made.

Star did, of course, make a few straightline progressives.  Perhaps as few as three.  Maybe as many as twenty.  I sold mine, probably seven years ago, to Ron Peterson guns in Albuquerque.  If you are interested you might call Ron and ask him if he still has it.  You'd have to talk to Ron himself.
former progressive press collector

Two Alpha

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Looking for content from lurking members...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 01:57:34 am »
I would like to suggest having a separate section for discussion of Star Lubrisizers. Surely this would increase the traffic on this site and likely would turn quite a few lurkers into posters.