Author Topic: problem with hulme case feeder  (Read 10058 times)

rockquarry

• Active Members
    • View Profile
problem with hulme case feeder
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:39:30 pm »
I have a Star Universal set up in .45 ACP. Infrequently, a case would occasionally be turned over and feed mouth first, jamming the works. While difficult to describe, now it appears there is excessive pressure on the case feeder's spring when a case is pushed into the shell plate. It causes frequent jams. Is there a way to make adjustments to the case feeder to make it feed smoothly?

TDO'NEILL

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: problem with hulme case feeder
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 05:46:47 pm »
Are you sure it is a spring problem? Is the case feeder level with the press where the case is fed in? The triangular piece that it mounted on the head should allow the case to be fed smoothly. Maybe that needs  adjusting.
TDO'NEILL

rockquarry

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:46:27 pm »
No, I'm  not sure it is a spring problem; just looked like it could be. I'll check the points you mentioned. Thanks for the help-

TDO'NEILL

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:26:14 pm »
Also the top piece may need to be turned 180 degrees. The top piece may have been machined out to accept the .44 mag. If you turn it that will make he channel shorter and the case may not flip over.
Do you need an indexer for your press?
TDO'NEILL

rockquarry

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 08:42:52 am »
Thanks again for the advice; have not tried any suggestions yet but hope to soon.