Author Topic: Interesting Star Reloader on eBay  (Read 10768 times)

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Interesting Star Reloader on eBay
« on: March 05, 2006, 10:45:36 pm »
There is an interesting Star Reloader on eBay.  It has some parts I have never seen before.  Can any of you identify them?
It appears to what I assume is an auto indexer, and there is an odd attachment on the case feeder that I don't recognize either.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Reloading-Press-Progressive-Set-Up-for-45-ACP_W0QQitemZ7224106031QQcategoryZ71120QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

ed looney

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Star Reloader on eBay
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:42:44 am »
THE ATTACHMENT ON THE CASE FEEDER LOOKS LIKE A SPRING CLAMP USED FOR CLAMPING PARTS WHEN GLUING, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BETTER PICTURE OF THE CASE FEEDER ALSO.

TDO'NEILL

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 06:05:21 pm »
Ed
The most important thing is the condition of the press. I can always set you up with a case feeder or indexer, if needed. The press looked in excellent condition.

TDO'NEILL

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:24:12 pm »
I agree that the condition of the press looks good, but I'm not thinking of buying it.  I have enough Stars already, and some would say to many.  I'm just curious about the parts installed on the reference reloader on ebay because I have never seen any like them.  It looks like a pretty complicated indexer, but from the pictures, its hard to tell how it works.  Well, actually I'm just guessing its an indexer.  It looks commercial, but maybe its home made.   Once again, the seller doesn't provide any useful information.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com