Author Topic: Lube Mess  (Read 8884 times)

CHAWKI44

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Lube Mess
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:33 am »
For those who still prefer stick lube and are having problems with excess lube around over and under your bullet or not enough lubrication in the lube ring: - - when holding your lube die in hand notice the holes for the lube to flow through? The holes are for universal lubricating different style projectiles. Per the late Elard Mock you can use a small lead shot (I don't remember if it was #9  - 7 -6 lead shotgun shot) will fit into the holes and plug the ones not needed and force more lube into the lube ring. The shot is easily removed when done and does no harm to the die. Another trick : don't be afraid to invert the bullet into the die - -it will still size and lube correctly.

Edubya

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Lube Mess
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:25 pm »
I know that this is an old post, but this "trick" was exactly what I needed to read:Another trick : don't be afraid to invert the bullet into the die - -it will still size and lube correctly. I bought a used lube/sizer and it had a nose punch in it. I was trying to match the holes up using the "nose first" method, it wouldn't line up with any of the holes, flipped the bullet to go base first and there it was!
Maybe another new owner will catch this now.