Author Topic: 9mm star made shell plate wanted  (Read 8626 times)

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
9mm star made shell plate wanted
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »
looking for a 9mm shell plate which was made by star reloading.  purchased after market one on ebay a few months ago and was out of spec and soft so need star made please.  thank you

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: 9mm star made shell plate wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:55:36 am »
Greetings,

Another eBay horror story...

Did you return it?

If so, what was the Sellers ID. No sense any of the rest of us buying it.

I made a bunch of plates for Bruce Williams. Contact him to see if any are left.

By the way, no, I am not accepting any new work.

Cheers,

Dave

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:43:38 pm »
The shell plate had berdon stamped into it.  I ate it and did not return it but buyer beware if you see that stamp on any aftermarket star reloading

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:41:48 pm »
Greetings,

Thanks for the "heads up".

Berdon was local. Now long gone, I suspect.

Made a variety of shooting stuff.

Sorry to read not all of it was top notch.

A lot of the "vendors" on eBay claim to make Star accessories. When I challenged them on the dimensions of some of the features, the reply was, "I have sold lots of them and they work fine."

Caveat Emptor is the term the Romans used. Not sure if Julius Caesar used a Dillon or Star...

Cheers,

Dave

Cheers,

Dave

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:05:48 pm »
I have found in some dealings with Ebay sellers that the fault lies in them not knowing what they have. Many items have ben represented as "Star" when they were not. Mostly though it has not been intentional.

Some sellers are not reloaders or have a knowledge of all things Star. Many do not understand the difference between Progressive and Universal, and often have parts that are Star like but are of different manufacture and are very good copies.

A lot of accessories and parts can be found on Ebay but it might be necessary to ask the right questions and assess the answers. A Dave notes, I would be leery if my inquiry was simply answered with "I have sold lots of them and they work fine" rather than it is an original Star accessory or made by a trusted source, etc.....

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:28 pm »
bruce Williams had one for me so got it.  thanks for all the help.

cc656d

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:30:36 pm »
I see a lot on eBay that was apparently bought at a estate sale or some similar venue. They dont know enough to get all of the parts  and will not communicate with buyers .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:57:58 am by cc656d »
Distinguished pistol shot
2600 club
NIB Star
Benefactor member NRA
Life Member Va, Md, WVa, and Fl State Shooting Associations , Life OGCA

Ricketts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 04:21:00 pm »
I just saw this.  I think you bought that plate from me.  I guarantee my goods so if you would, send that Berdon plate back for a full refund.  Or call me at 330-806-4169.  I try hard not to sell junk or misrepresented stuff.

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 09:27:19 pm »
yes bought it on ebay but gave it to someone to see if they could salvage it or use it in any way.  metal was very soft and outside diameter was larger than star.