Author Topic: Crank shaft bearing  (Read 7371 times)

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Crank shaft bearing
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »
Anyone know why the holes in one of my crankshaft bearings ans the hole in the shaft dont line up?  Does anyone have an extra crankshaft bearing that they want to part with?

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Crank shaft bearing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »
Greetings,

Are you referring to the hole for the #61 Taper Pin?

If so, the #58 Column Shaft and #60 Crank Shaft Bearing would have been machined as a noninterchangeable unit.

If you were forced to use repair parts from non-matching units a #7 Taper Ream "may" clean up both pieces and a new taper pin installed. Here again, the alignment of the machine would have to be maintained. Just running a reamer to clean up the holes is not an adequate fix. The repair would have to be done on a milling machine where the parts can be clamped in proper alignment.

This may be a repair for Cunningham, if he has the proper jigs from the old factory.

Cheers,

Dave

661MACK

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:42 pm »
Thanks dave! Using the information you gave me i was able to modify a taper pin and it works!  Setting up a fourth machine to load 9mm going to need a set o your top notch dies soon!

Pappy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:14:39 pm »
Hello Group; FC 60 is Right on the money. I located two star base units without the matched Crank Shaft Assy.... With the help from another forum member I located two crankshaft assy`s on Gun Broker... The #7 tappered reamer did the trick slow and easy. Locked the crank shaft into alignment on the main shaft  with a allen screw after installing the links between the crank assy and the tool head. A new #7 tappered pin was then marked and easy to cut to the right length. Total cost for two tappered pins was 16.00, borrowed the reamer.....