Author Topic: SOLD and Shipped: Star Universal in .38  (Read 7399 times)

Danielsan

• Active Members
    • View Profile
SOLD and Shipped: Star Universal in .38
« on: December 06, 2014, 01:53:27 pm »
This machine is sold and shipped. Thanks for all your interest.
Beautiful Star Universal in .38 special, barely used by my Father - Complete and including 3 primer pickup tubes, Hulme case feeder with 3 tubes, and Brewster indexer. Also includes a 2nd powder bar (3.5 BE), a new style taper crimp die, and a 2nd seating stem for 158gn SWC which didn't make it into the pics. Selling for $950 + shipping from 32068.
I left the platform Dad put together for this attached when I took the pics, because I intend to post this locally in a few days... But would not necessarily recommend the increased shipping cost to send this unless you really have a use for it.
Please PM me with any questions or send me your email for better resolution pics. Thanks, Daniel 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:32:39 pm by Danielsan »

Danielsan

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Beautiful Star Universal in .38
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:13:11 am »
Gentlemen, just to clarify a few things - Dad was a gunsmith at the prominent bullseye shop in this region and when something came in that was too good to be true, he generally had first or second call on it for himself. So when this one came in the store, he tried to keep a poker face and put it aside for himself. The original plan was to make some regular income with it but soon afterwards he had a falling out with those particular people (caught them selling their crappy reloads in his labeled boxes). In the meantime, his skeet reloads were always in constant demand. He supplied 3 different skeet clubs down here with reloads on a regular basis and the MECs just kept getting all the attention and the Star just sat there untouched - eventually for decades. Now he is gone and I'm getting so old I have little time to spend at the range and do not need this sitting around for 20 more years. This machine has never had a whole case of bullets loaded on it... Pictures cannot do it justice. All the key wear points are just like they looked when Dad first got it - unused, original, and beautiful.
The Hulme case feeder is the same way - looks never used, and I'm including 3 shell tubes (one aluminum and 2 phenolic)with it which will do almost any caliber. The Brewster indexer is the only thing in the lot that actually looks like it's seen some action. Dad never used it on the .38s but someone has at some point - and it is still in better shape that most any that you ever run across - springs and push actuator in good shape, finish in good to excellent shape, and still has the factory actuator piece which cycles it.
So this is one of those machines you always wished you could come across for a lifetime of service for you and your childrens' children... And I've included the case feeder and indexer which seem to be two of the first things everyone wants to go out and add on for sheer convenience and overall productivity. And included the extra primer pickup tubes so you can flat run 300 rounds without doing anything but swapping in a new tube of shells and primers and keep on going some more.
My thinking here is $750 for the loader
                             $100 for the Hulme feeder and tubes
                             $100 for the Brewster Indexer, and other extras listed below
Includes 3 small primer pickup tubes and the extra charge bar (make your own collet/bushing setup for one of the bars), and the fullsize taper crimp die and second seating stem, if you would like to load the larger SWC or a jacketed round of some type - I'm just including all that to make a nice package for someone to enjoy and have a great start rather than the bare minimum....
I would like to think that some of this pretty well speaks for itself :)

As always, please PM me with any questions or send me your email for better resolution pics.
Someone has got to want a first class machine like this for their bench, either as a first machine, or an addition to the stable.
LMK... Best regards, Daniel
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:42:03 pm by Danielsan »

fng

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: F/S: Star Universal in .38
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:11:53 pm »
Pm sent

Danielsan

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Sold Pending Funds: Star Universal in .38
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 07:23:21 pm »
This unit is now SOLD and shipped - Thanks for all the interest :)
Best regards, Daniel
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:33:20 pm by Danielsan »