Author Topic: Wolf Primer Usage  (Read 18853 times)

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
Wolf Primer Usage
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:48:54 pm »
Can anyone provide experience using Wolf Primers? I've had problems with CCI, as everyone seems to have had, & currently am using a small supply, 5k, of Fed which require xtra wt on the primer follower. Interested in saving a $ with the rapidly increasing price of components but wish to avoid trouble too!

Thanks!!

Ron H

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Primer Usage
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
Ron...Cost? You aren't kidding. I just bought 2K Winchester LP primers and 4lb keg of 231. The guy says to me " That'll be $133.53" I called him a liar and asked to him to recheck his calculations. He was right! I apologized and went and bought a newspaper and cup of DD coffee ($3.95) to check out the want adds. Looks like I'm going to have to go back to work, LOL...It's not going to get any better. What's the price on those Wolf primers and where did you see them? Thanks, Pete

GeraldChainsaw

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »
i must not be listening right,   i use winchester primers, and the cost to me was 15.50 per thou 2 weeks ago,  and the last time i bought 4lbs of bullseye it cost me 40 plus 20 for shipping, and thats was only 2 years ago, has it gone up that much?, i would  say u payed a high price

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:25:58 pm »
If you got Winchester primers for $15.50 two weeks ago, you better go back and buy as many as you possibly can.  The cheapest I can get them around here is $23.50/1000 for small, and $24.95 for large.  My source has always been one of the least expesive places around.  I just bought three cases at those prices.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »
The wolf primers are listed for $90 per 5m on Powder Valley.com..they list win for $107.50.  Please give me an address or phone no for win's for $15.50...will be submitting a substantial order.

Any info on wolf primers?
ron

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:53 am »
Ron...After going to that Powder Valley site, I decided to go ahead and make an order for 10k of the Wolf primers! I was reading the reviews of them in Google and everything looks positive enough for me.  I go through 45s like 22s and this just helps cut the cost for me a little bit anyway. It's worth a shot. I'll keep you posted...Pete