Author Topic: receiving parts from the NEW Star  (Read 16851 times)

K6TC1

• Active Members
    • View Profile
receiving parts from the NEW Star
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:58:50 pm »
I read all of the comments about how people were being taken advantage of by the man that bought out Star of San Diego.
I have to tell you all that's not the case in my dealing with him at all.
I ordered the "Taper Pin" I needed to complete one of the Stars I own.
I emailed in the order asking for the complete price with the shipping received and answer the very next day, sent the funds and one week later, today, the Taper Pin arrived first class mail.
That reminds me, Just to say "hello" and maybe see what kind of man I'm going to be dealing with now, I was very pleasantly surprised as this is a real gentleman that will do well if given half a chance to serve you....K6TC***

NMBob

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: receiving parts from the NEW Star
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:04:40 pm »
I've got a phone and a snail mail address, but have not been able to raise him.  What's his email address?

NMBob

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:21:30 pm »
starmachine "at" volcano.net
Distinguished Pistol Shot

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:51:08 pm »
I posted this on another thread, but wanted to mention that the parts I ordered arrived today.  Excellent quality, fair pricing and reasonable shipping cost.
Distinguished Pistol Shot

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:37:33 am »
I just recently received a pleasant e-mail response from this gentleman.
Ordered some parts, and am waiting on receipt.
Will post comments after receipt.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

secantogive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:36:58 am »
I'm confused about this forum.  No one has replied to this topic for thirteen years???   Is this "New Star" business still in operation?  Where do people find parts these days other than on the buy/sell topic?

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:56:44 am »
Greetings,

You might have tried Google...

http://www.starmachineworks.com/

Cheers,

Dave

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 01:54:39 pm »
secantogive,

I guess you could call it the New New Star now.   Bill Cunningham of Pioneer California purchased the Star reloader business from San Diego back in 1997.   In Late 2014 I purchased the business from Bill and moved it to New Jersey.  I have pretty much every part for Star reloaders in stock and I'm shipping orders everyday.  I also offer some aftermarket  products like case feeder and collators.  I also repair and rebuild Star reloaders and offer rebuilt machines for sale.  If you need something, send me an email or give me a call.

Bruce Williams

I'm confused about this forum.  No one has replied to this topic for thirteen years???   Is this "New Star" business still in operation?  Where do people find parts these days other than on the buy/sell topic?
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

tony barone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 01:43:14 pm »
Bill was a nice guy but Bruce is unequaled in carrying on the Star. The Star is still a great machine even in todays market. I have loaded 280,000 rounds on my 1986 Star never had a squib or a bad primer seating and never had a bad round. Every round is perfect and never had to case gauge . My Star has all of the MA System attachments and is still fun to operate. Have loaded primarily .38 Supercomp for USPSA.