Author Topic: Star Straightline  (Read 9804 times)

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Star Straightline
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:53:10 pm »
Estimate vary.  Maybe as few as three or as many as 20 were made.  Pictured in Sharps book.  I tend to believe the 20 number because I know for certain that there were three.  I owned one, given to me by Ellord Mott, RCBS has one in their press collection years ago and there was a third.

In any event I sold mine to Ron Peterson of Ron Peterson Guns of Albuquerque in 97.  I understand that he still has it and that it is for sale.  If you are interested you need to talk to Ron, no one else.
former progressive press collector

spalazzo

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Star Straightline
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:38:58 pm »
I saw your post on the Star Straightline , I have one and I think it's complete. I still load on it. It's in 30/06. The only photo I can compare is in Phil sharpe book. I purchased it in new york city several years ago. I cannot find any other info about this . I KNOW THERE WERE ONLY AFEW MADE . SEVERAL YEARS AGO . i CALLED STAR TO SEE IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO BUY IT BACK BUT GOT NO REPLY 
NRA Endowment Member
International Ammunition Association
New York State Rifle and Pistol Association

steven d. ogden

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:38:47 pm »
your strainghtline is in 30-06?  would very much like to see pictures and would like a price
sdo

spalazzo

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:50:28 am »
Yes , The machine  is in 30/06  using  L.E. Wilson dies . I plan to take picture and post  At the moment the press is not for sale  Thanks
Sal Palazzo
NRA Endowment Member
International Ammunition Association
New York State Rifle and Pistol Association