Author Topic: Star sizer & Potter Duplex  (Read 9782 times)

Hottractorman

• View Profile
Star sizer & Potter Duplex
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:15:00 pm »
Hi I am new , have read about every thing here. I'm not a reloader, Collect old tools and show at some shows. I recently Picked up A Star "Bullet sizer and Greaser" With Patent #2,019,795 Which I think I understand.I also at the same yard sale picked up a Potter Duplex.I think The Star is From The 1930's but I would Like know when the Potter Came out .The star has a#7 die in it,And the Potter has #38S dies in it.I have pictures But Am not Smart enough ,To add them,so will have to get  my daughter to try to send them.At this I will not sell them Because I want to show them with My tool this Summer.

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Star sizer & Potter Duplex
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:48:17 am »
More years ago than I can remember I wrote a history of the Potter tools.  It is either in the Handloader's Digest or Gun Digest but, unfortunately, I don't know which publication nor witch issue.  The piece wasn't very popular I afraid.
former progressive press collector

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:58:19 pm »
Ken, Your note struck a memory so I did some checking.  Looks like Handloaders Digest #11, 1987, P 18-24.  Good info about a bit of reloading history.  I dont see too many Potters out there, maybe they are quietly rusting away in basements and garages.  Sounds like you got rid of the ones you had.
John

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:43:29 am »
Just before I retired back in 97 I sold my gun collection, gun books and reloading equipment to Ron Peterson Guns in Albuquerque.  Over the next year or so I helped him write ads for the stuff.  Don't know if he sold the Potters or not. 
former progressive press collector