Author Topic: Star Press Bullet Feeder  (Read 14744 times)

hemitom

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Star Press Bullet Feeder
« on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:47 pm »
Hello!  Can anyone point me in the direction of a bullet feeder for my Star? I've got the case feeders pretty well worked out, but I can't seem to get a solid handle on the best bullet feeder. Are they more of a PITA than they are worth? :-\

I have a .45 Star Machine and a 38/.357 machine, and would like to automate as much as possible.

Thanks! Hemitom
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:08:56 pm by hemitom »
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Navy League
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified International Investigator
Automotive Photojournalist

SWANEE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Star Press Bullet Feeder
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »
It's a good ad-on if you are going to dedicate it to one cal, it is a tight fit but once you got it set up it's pretty neat, I took mine off, just don't really have a need anymore, I think I put about 500 45's thru mine, it's just now sitting here in a box along with about 15 tubes------------it is available. If you are interested give me a PM and we'll chat.

When I posted, I was thinking bullet feeder for the lube sizer, sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:33:04 pm by SWANEE »

rangedog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:38 am »
The only bullet feeder I am aware of that works with the star is by MA systems and not made any more.Operates via compressed air, I'm not really sure how as have only seen pics.You could I reckon adapt a KISS collater to work with the buller feeder.I think Tony Barone on this forum runs the feeder, try searching his posts and you will find some pics.Good luck, I looked for a while but couldn't find anyone that had one and would post to Australia(where I am).

1TonyE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »
Hey Guys,
  I am also wondering about a bulletfeeder that would work on the Star press. I have heads for .45auto & 38/357 spec. set up too. I will sometime in the future want to run .40 s&w.
  If I can't find one or not able to afford one, I'll just have to be my own bullet/case feeder till something comes up. I guess that's what they did back when Star was first produced. Can't be all bad.
   Thanks again and ANY advise will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Tony

tony barone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:24:37 pm »
MA Systems is the only one that I know of that made an Easy Loader Bullet Feeder for the Star. It is a wonderful design but was very expensive. In 1986 the Easy Loader alone was $350.00 then you also needed a bullet collator and an air supply for an additional expenditure so needless to say I didn't purchase it at the time. In 2003 I moved to Arizona and came to know the people that developed the Kiss Bullet Feeder which is a good design that is much easier to use, however it is not useable for the Star. A lot of shooters here in Az bought the Kiss Feeder and one of them had a MA System Easy Loader that he no longer used on his Dillon 1050 and sold it to me for $100.00. It's not easy to set it up but if done correctly produces great results and is one of those items that you wondered how you got along without it all of those years. How good is it? I loaded 3400 rounds Sunday without a hitch. I think the fellow that sold it to me had not set it up properly as one of the control switches was installed in incorrectly. One of these days I"ll put the Star Loader on You-Tube.

Larry L. Lawson

• I am 80+ / PO Box T, Quincy, CA / 530-283-1772
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:26 pm »
Hello!  Can anyone point me in the direction of a bullet feeder for my Star? I've got the case feeders pretty well worked out, but I can't seem to get a solid handle on the best bullet feeder. Are they more of a PITA than they are worth? :-\

I have a .45 Star Machine and a 38/.357 machine, and would like to automate as much as possible.

Thanks! Hemitom
3L

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:07:23 am »
Hulme made one but not many.  I've only seen (actually owned) one.
former progressive press collector

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Photos of Hulme Bullet Feeder.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »
Photos of Hulme Bullet Feeder.

http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1233.msg4802#msg4802

Have you folks heard of the "KISS" method of reloading? ;)

Cheers,

Dave