Author Topic: Press ID  (Read 9367 times)

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Press ID
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:15 pm »
It is a universal as it has the shell retaining straps. Looks like all parts are present. Ask if the case feeder tubes are present and if there are primer pickup tubes. If not there are after market sources for those items. There is rust.
I would grade in fair to good, but needing a good cleaning.

Important to know if it works and functions, as well as what caliber it is.

Look at some of the prices/sales info under my posts in values and prices on this forum.

NyKenn
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:07:09 pm »
Thanks Kenn, think I'll grab it , believe it's setup for 38 so I'll have to be on the look out for 9mm/.45/38 super dies

ETA: is there enough material to machine it to regular dies ? I've never had the opportunity to see one in person   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:10:13 pm by angus6 »

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:29 am »
ANGUS6

Another plus for this machine is that it is drilled and tapped for a taper crimp die in the last station, which may be a handy thing to have if you need it. It appears to have considerable amount of rust but a little elbow grease will take care of that.

Good Shooting

Lindy

NYKenn

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:43:51 pm »
Yes the head can be tapped, but I would suggest you do the dies instead. 7/14 can be cut to the star thread with a little machining. There are a few participants on this forum than can do for you.
Try FC60.

Shellplates can be had from Rich Daniels.  Barreltester on this forum.

Good luck.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:21:08 pm »
Hadn't thought of cutting the dies as I 3 calibers of pistol was think toss the head in the mill , still just a bit up in the air, it's this or a LnL. Gentleman found some of the primer tubes but no brass feeder tubes which isn't a big deal. He wants $199 plus shipping, add the auto index and I'm on the fence ;D

NYKenn

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 11:19:41 am »
Most likely the case feeder tubes were a clear plastic type material.
There are some sources for replacement options that can be found in posts on this forum.