Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Star Reloaders / Re: What is the diameter of your neck expander?
« Last post by wv109323 on November 07, 2022, 07:44:59 pm »
I use a .4510. If you go much smaller you will be down sizing your bullets during seating.
Star Reloaders / Re: Switching between 45 ACP and 45 Auto Rim
« Last post by 6string on November 02, 2022, 06:02:01 am »
Hi Bruce and Lindy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  These are very helpful replies!
Good to know that finding a shell plate wouldn't be an arduous search.

The video is quite informative.  Yes, that looks like a straightforward process.  Very nice to see a deeper delve into the build quality and design.  Nice stuff!!

Jim
« Last post by varmintpopper on November 01, 2022, 11:05:46 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWUFEN3GvM

How to change tool head and shell plate

Welcome to Star

Good Shooting

Lindy
« Last post by rbwillnj on November 01, 2022, 10:14:30 pm »
Changing between 45 ACP and 45 Auto Rim only requires changing the shell plate.   Very easy, should only take a couple of minutes.

I have 45 Auto Rim shell plates in stock.

Bruce Williams
Star Reloaders / Switching between 45 ACP and 45 Auto Rim
« Last post by 6string on November 01, 2022, 09:00:29 pm »
Hi,
This is my first post here.  I've been a regular lurker for about a year, but have been aware of Star machines for decades.
I understand that to switch between 45 ACP and Auto Rim, all that's needed is a change in the shell plate.  How big of a process is that?  Looks like a partial diasassembly is in order.
I'm guessing, too, that those Auto Rim shell plates are not commonly encountered.

Currently using a Dillon 650, looking to add an auxiliary press to split duties.
So, a Universal would be in order for the above mentioned scenario.  If that's too problematic, I could make due with a .38 Progressive while using the Dillon for the other.

Thanks,
Jim

PS: This forum is a great resource of info.
Greetings,

In the photos are several parts for the Star Bullet Greaser. However, I do not see the Greaser pictured.

Cheers,

Dave
This vintage and reliable reloader is currently set up to load .45 cal. but have complete materials to swap to load .38 cal and .357 cal with dies,  and multiple powder bars that can be switched out.  Also instructions in printed but slightly stained papers.

Images may be seen on this shared link.  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuxUXsYnWjIsiOUToS52DMSg9bSxSg?e=2NpDeP

Interested please contact dlbarrett4 at gmail dot  com

Asking $600 complete.
Bruce, I need the top holder for the tube only but will purchase the whole adaptor if you sell it as a set. Please send 2 alum either way. Let me know all the info. on payment, Thankyou Mike

Sent you and email Mike.
Bruce, I need the top holder for the tube only but will purchase the whole adaptor if you sell it as a set. Please send 2 alum either way. Let me know all the info. on payment, Thankyou Mike
Star Reloaders / Re: Progressive InLine Fabrications Mount
« Last post by Humbo on September 28, 2022, 03:32:45 pm »
I would be interested in such a review. I ordered the largest blank plate from Dan and I made my own. They don't have holes for the primer drop, only for the 4 mounting holes. They work very well, but if Dan makes some that are tailored for the Stars, I might look into them. Especially if the plates are cut round, like the base of the Stars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10