Star Reloaders Discussion Forums > Survey Says...

Camp Perry

<< < (2/7) > >>

rbwillnj:
Ross,

Initially, I too was put off by the idea of Stars being parted out, but then I realized that one Star parted out can bring many others back to life.   If there was a ready source of original parts there wouldn't be a market for parted out Stars.

NMBob:
I went with the New Mexico pistol team in 1984 and 1987.  It's a great experience, but I hate to fly with guns, and it's a long way from New Mexico by car.  And I can get in trips to Gunnison, CO and to the Whittington for the CO and NM state matches and regionals with just a few hours of driving.  The Whittington has a bullseye range roughed out but undeveloped and NM state match is shot on the PPC range.  This year's match is Sept. 12-13.  Visit the Whittington:  it's your range. 

Kirk A:
2010 will be my fourth year (although the first was SAFS only). It is unlike any other match. Three years ago, I was fresh on the firing line there, and I was hooked. Last year, my friend Bruce S was similarly hooked. This year we have another Camp Perry rookie, Dave O, and I fully expect that he will be hooked as well. It really is an experience. It's a shooting vacation!

-Kirk

rbwillnj:
I went in 2008.  A humbling experiance.   I'm going this year, but just for the hardball matches.

Hugh Tyer:
I made my first Perry trip in 1974 as an Expert class civilian. I was fortunate to shoot the top civilian score in the expert class and was a firing member of the Georgia State Pistol Team. We won the service pistol team match for state associations. I stopped shooting in 1980. I needed one leg for distinguished.
Started back shooting this year and really am enjoying it. I'm thinking about Perry this year. I wonder how much it has changed. Are they still using the WW2 prisoner of war huts for housing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version