Author Topic: Star ammo?  (Read 10967 times)

josephwalerak

• View Profile
Star ammo?
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:52:56 pm »
I have got a bunch of Master-match 38spc ammo that is manufactured by Star reloading company, the forum wont let me add my pictures so i will try to figure out how to change my camera resolutiong to fit the sites guidelines, but just wondering if this is the same company as the machines you guys are using, or information about it, but more importantly if these boxes have any value. the thing that is throwing me off is that it says that they were manufactured in indianapolis. i'll see what i can do to try to get some pictures, but any help would be appreciated.
Joe

Ive got a bunch of "collectible" boxes of ammo and spend the time at the colector shows, but can't say i'veever seen these boxes before.

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Star ammo?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »
They are not related. Star in Indianapolis began to provide bullets in the 1980s. I still have a few thousand of the .38 148gr HBWC, and .45 200gr SWC bullets. Both bullets shot very well.  Champions Shooters Supply was one of their distributors at Camp Perry. I always picked them up at Perry rather than have them shipped to lesson the possibility of damage. The Indianapolis Star company is no longer in business. I cannot recall the last year they could be found at Camp Perry but is was sometime ago.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

GringoEd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:01:24 pm »
Star of Indianapolis would do brass exchange, once-fired brass, or new depending on your budget. I used their 200 gr. LSWC .45 ACP for several years and loved it. Still have some. Thanks for the thread, I'm going to use it up this season.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:08:06 pm »
If anyone finds anything out post it cause I'd love to hear.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:14:08 pm by MasterMatch Bullets »