Author Topic: 50 beowulf  (Read 9356 times)

a4mrmce6

• View Profile
50 beowulf
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:58:34 pm »
i hope i'm in right place and asking appropriate questions....first timer.
i have been reloading for many years....just getting back into it....after an extended break.
these days i'm trying some newer calibers, also got rid of my single stage rock chucker and went to a pro 2000 progressive about 5 years ago.  i'm trying to reload 50 beowulf by alexander arms....they provide the dies...but it comes with a single stage shell holder...rcbs doesn't list the 50 beowulf on their shell plate charts for their progressive..(nor do they for their single stages.)  each company refers me to the other company to answer the question..."which shell plate do i need for the pro 2000 to reload 50 beowulf"   i have been told that the 50 beowulf (which uses a rebated rim style cartridge) is so close to the size of the 7.62 x 39 (ak-47) round and to use the shell plate for the 7.62 x 39 ......neither company will give me an answer for that either...either way  yes or no.  with the cost of 50 beowulf ammo, i hate to end up destroying cases trying to reload using the wrong shell plate....or worse...it works PARTIALLY and damages the case causing damage to my weapon when firing it.  can anyone out there help me out with info....appreciate it.