Author Topic: New to Star Reloading  (Read 6964 times)

frochevy

• View Profile
New to Star Reloading
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:06:03 am »
Hello
I'm new to star machine works. About a year ago, I purchased a star machine works press from a friend of mine that found it while cleaning his attic out. He had purchased it from a garage sale. I bought the press to set on the shelf as a conversation piece.  I had some extra time lastnight so I was playing with the press trying to figure it out. It has 45 acp dies in it. I'm assuming it is a universal press that has been converted?  I'm curious to how old the press is and if I had everything to make ammo with it. It has a 3.5 GR powder bar in it. I tried to post a pic but it said the attachment was too large.? Thanks for replies and this is a great website!

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: New to Star Reloading
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
Frochevy
Welcome to the Star Forum. I'm sure that You will find all the answers to any questions You may have about Your Star Machine here on this forum as
all the experts are Here. Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7kDdReQ_E  It is a vidio of a Star in operation. and may help you.
Google Star reloaders and look for "Star Machine Works" and You can download the instruction manual and a parts list for the Star.
Again, Welcome

Good Shooting

Lindy

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: New to Star Reloading
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:03:44 am »
Frochevy,

Welcome to the forum.   Lots of nice people and great information here.   I sent you a PM

Also,   Here is an old thread on Posting Pictures.   I think there have been others as well.

http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.msg4266#msg4266
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com