Author Topic: Star Brochure  (Read 8982 times)

Dusky

• View Profile
Star Brochure
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:17:10 pm »
I found these the other day with my Star Universal 45ACP. The one circled for pistol only comes from a conversation I wad with Star. At the time there was talk about a .223 Star coming out and I had asked about it when the catalog came it was marked pistol only. Does any one know if Star ever shipped any Universals in .223? I have a lot of pictures of my Star if anyone is interested. It is in almost mint condition. I have used it very little since I purchased in I think 1980.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:56:50 pm by Dusky »

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Star Brochure
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
Very nice condition. You do not see many that clean. I think that does fit the definition of almost mint.
There are various posts on this forum about the .223 caliber. It was near the end of Star, so not sure on numbers, etc.
I know, I have never seen one, nor knew anyone, who I was associated with in Bullseye that ever saw or had one either. There are a few others here that can add more.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:10:54 pm »
Got a chance to see a Star in .223 last year.  A fellow who collects presses has one over in Fort Worth.  Very very nice.  Mint and he uses it.  The linkage is different; beefed up with a little more mechanical advantage.  Besides the .223, he had several other Stars hanging from the rafters in his workshop plus he had an old Potter (I think that's right) that was kind of like a Star but in straight-line form rather than circular.
Distinguished Pistol Shot

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »
The first rifle unit was just that.  Made originally for the U.S. Army.  Had one.  Very nice machine.  Then there was the Super Star Kit, Mike Dillon's first product, designed to turn a Star into a 223 reloader.  Did an article on it for Gun Digest or Handloader's Digest, don't remember which.  Then there was a pistol/223 unit made for a number of years.  Kind of a cross between their rifle and their regular unit.

Think Ron Peterson Guns in Albuquerque has one each that I sold him maybe twelve years ago.  He should also have a Star straightline.  If interested call and ask for Ron.
former progressive press collector