Author Topic: Adjusting the punch on a Star sizer  (Read 10844 times)

SBC

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Adjusting the punch on a Star sizer
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »
   Someone may have already put this on here, since I have not been reading on this forum long I missed it,  it takes a lot longer to tell it than to do it, so here goes. All you need is a 5/16 bolt and nut, put a bit of lube on the threads so the nut will stay where you set it. If sizing base first, put the bullet on the side of the die with the lube groove in line with one of the lube holes,  place the threaded end of the bolt against the base of the bullet, then turn the nut untill it touches the bottom of the die.
 Install the die and punch while holding the bolt and nut underneath the die feed a bullet to it, adjust the punch down while operating the handle untill you feel the bullet bump the bolt, lock the punch nut.
For a 32 cal or smaller  a 1/4 inch bolt works for the job,    now punch some bullets !!   Robert

maurilew

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Adjusting the punch on a Star sizer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:30:02 am »
 use a nylon bolt/nut no scratch worries
maurilew

SBC

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Adjusting the punch on a Star sizer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:46:56 pm »
   Not really worried about scratching the die, they are very hard! I have polished a couple out two thousandths and that does take a while and quite a bit of sandpaper on wooden dowles.