Author Topic: Will eventually sell complete Star Reloading System  (Read 19212 times)

Sherwood Arms

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Will eventually sell complete Star Reloading System
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:56:22 pm »
I just discovered this forum as I have just begun using my Star Reloaders after about 10 away from any reloading.

Years ago I purchased two Star Universal Reloaders and gradually added additional heads to accommodate the various calibers I shot.

A burglary of most of my firearms killed my enthusiasm for shooting and I have done very little since. As I get older I realize that I will never do much shooting in the future so I have started to think about selling my reloading equipment.

Rather than try to sell everything piecemeal I would prefer to find someone who is interested in (and can afford) setting up a complete reloading operation who could use everything.

In addition to the two Star Universal Reloaders (each with Hulme Case Feeders) and there are separate tool heads for:

.38 Special
.357 Magnum
.38 Super
9mm
.40 S&W
.41 Magnum
.44 Magnum
.45 ACP & .45 Auto Rim

Also dies for .32 Long.

I may have missed something (there is lots more). If there is much interest I will update and assure the correctness of the list.

Thanks,

Jerry Mc

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Will eventually sell complete Star Reloading System
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »
Pictures would help.
former progressive press collector

LeupoldMRK4

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:23:27 pm »
40 S&W toolhead .....sure would like to be first at that PM sent

Robert1032

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »
Hello,
Send me some photos and a reasonable price and a date of sale. Any more details/parts.  Put me first on the list as SOLD.
Thanks     Robert

Bact3gy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:24:50 am »
I am interested in buying entire set up. Please let me know what your resonable price is and some pictures possible.

Robert1032

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:33 am »
Jerry,
My email is rwsillery at juno dot com.  Send something back with your phone number and I can call you so we can finish up the $$$ arrangements.  It would be great to have the whole set as soon as possible.   Thanks   Robert

Sherwood Arms

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 11:42:27 am »
I was surprised at the strong response to my post. Thank you for the replies. I have left a message for Robert to phone me and as I said I would prefer to make a single sale rather than piece everything out.

Apparently I was mistaken and I do not appear to have (and I guess I never did have) a .40 S&W set of dies.

I checked and these are the tool heads that I do have. Not every die set has a shell plate as I switched tool heads (only) to go from .38 Special to .357 Magnum etc. I use one Star Loader for reloading cases that use small primers and the other Star Loader for cases with large primers.

.32 Long
.38 Special
.357 Magnum
(9mm Luger)
.38 Super
.41 Magnum
.44 Magnum
.45 ACP with extra Shell Plate for .45 Auto Rim and extra 2 stage .45 ACP dies
.45 Long Colt

Rather than a complete tool head, at the moment the 9mm dies are in their boxes.

All dies are Lifetyme carbide dies (single or 2 stage as needed). There is an assortment of bullet seaters custom made for Remington, Speer and Sierra bullets along with some for cast bullets.

In addition to the Hulme Case Feeders each Universal Star Loader has a Freeloader.

There are 13 spare powder slides and I had Star custom ream at least one powder slide to accept the Hornady Pacific Powder Bushings for which I have a complete set which provides quick and easy powder charge changing.

I also have a set of reamers from Star for adjusting the charges thrown by the powder slides but I ended up mainly using the Hornady bushings instead.

Add to this a couple of Thumbler's Tumblers, Midway 1292 tumbler, media separator, Ohaus measures & scales etc. and a bunch of other stuff.

I would describe everything in good to excellent condition. The quantity of tool heads spread the usage out to where nothing is anywhere close to being worn out.

I did some reloading (with an FFL license) for a local gun shop to help pay for my equipment and for my own shooting but they had a fire and I quit selling my reloads as the cost of insurance was prohibitive for my small volume.

I also have a Ransom Rest with multiple gun inserts and a chronograph that I used to check my reloads but they are not included even though I will probably sell them as well.

If someone offers me $3000 (plus shipping) I will probably give them all the Star and other reloading equipment I have - as soon as I finish loading what I have - unless they also wanted to buy my cases, bullets and primers.

I am in central Arkansas and I have no idea how I would ship these reloaders.

I will respond to the individual emails as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Jerry Mc

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:19 pm »
Jerry,  A am not really interested in the whole setup, if you find a buyer for everything that is good.  If not, and you are parting things out then I would be interested in the Lifetyme .32 die set and the small powder drop funnel.  I found an old 38 universal that I want to set up in 32 S&W.  Drop me a PM.

John

xring2245

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »
I am interested in the Ransom Rest.  If this is available separately, please let me know.

James
xring2245
    [no e-mail]@.net
James J. Grimes
NRA Endowment Member
Distinguished Pistol #1496
NRA Distinguished Revolver
ATA Trap
Muzzleloading

Robert1032

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 09:53:21 pm »
Jerry,
Sorry I missed the call.  I am still interested in the lot you have.  We can work on the delivery problem.  Call when you can.  Robert

aphotog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »
Hi, if you can sell the 45 colt dies and head separately I would be interested in buying them.  

Thanks,

Roger
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:16:12 pm by aphotog »

Sherwood Arms

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »
Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay in responding but I have been very busy these past few days sorting through my reloading equipment both to confirm just what I do have and also I needed to reload the components that have been sitting around here for the past 10 years or so.

As of now all available cases have been loaded and this confirmed to me that everything worked perfectly for .38 Special; .357 Magnum; .44 Magnum; .45 ACP and .45 Auto Rim.

As he stated here, Robert1032 was the first to respond that he was interested in buying everything. As such I owed it to Robert to give him the first opportunity to buy everything. I just got off the phone with Robert and he has agreed to buy all of the reloading equipment so unless something unexpected comes up please consider all of my reloading equipment as having been sold.

My thanks to everyone.

Jerry Mc

Hello,
Send me some photos and a reasonable price and a date of sale. Any more details/parts.  Put me first on the list as SOLD.
Thanks     Robert

xring2245

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »
Hi,
     Is the Ransom Rest still available or was it included with the lot?

James
James J. Grimes
NRA Endowment Member
Distinguished Pistol #1496
NRA Distinguished Revolver
ATA Trap
Muzzleloading

Sherwood Arms

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 04:21:32 pm »
I replied the following to James via email. I am posting most of my reply here because it is possible that James may not interested in buying all of my Ransom equipment (Master Rest, Windage Base and various Grip Inserts).

I took a quick look around and I have the Ransom Master Series Rest with the Windage Base:

"Combo Unit Combines the Ransom Master Series Rest and Windage base into one unit. Includes mounting screw and related hardware. $554.14"

http://www.ransomrest.com/RansomRest.html

I have it mounted on a steel plate for ease of taking to the shooting range where I had a concrete base to attach it to. The steel plate would probably be cost prohibitive to ship but I would include it if you wanted to pay the shipping for it.

Additionally I have six Grip Inserts for:

Browning BDA .45 (Sig P-220 European would take this grip) $ 55.62
Actually Ransom info is incomplete as I bought and used this insert for the BDA/P-220 in 9mm, 38 Super, .45 ACP and any of these with a SIG .22 LR Conversion Kit)

Colt .45 Government Model (45 ACP) $ 55.62

Smith & Wesson J Frame (Round Butt) $ 55.62
Smith & Wesson K & L Frame (Round Butt) $ 55.62
Smith & Wesson K & L Frame (Square Butt) $ 55.62
Smith & Wesson N Frame (Square Butt) $ 55.62

http://www.ransomrest.com/inserts.html

What would probably be fair to both of us would be for me to sell the Ransom Rest including the Windage Base for 1/3 off list and to sell the Grip Inserts for $25 each. The inserts may be worth twice that but the chances are that you would not need all of them and this way they would cost you less than 1/2 price.

I would have to  sell everything together as I could obviously not use any Grip Inserts without the Ransom Rest but then the inserts are for very popular handguns.

List Price Sell For
 $554.14     $370.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $55.62     $25.00
 $887.86   $520.00
 Saving:    $367.86

James will have the first opportunity to buy the above because he was first to ask about it. If James and I complete the sale I will post here that it would no longer be available.

Thanks,

Jerry Mc

Hi,
     Is the Ransom Rest still available or was it included with the lot?

James