Author Topic: Small Primer Slide Needed  (Read 7040 times)

Steve Doering

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Small Primer Slide Needed
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:31:44 pm »
The topic says it all.  I finally got everything together to set up my Star equipped with the small primer slide to load .40 S&W, but when I tried to run it today, had problems with the primer slide not lining up properly with the case.  On disassembly, the problem appears to be that the hole in the slide has become egg shaped over the years, causing improper alignment and a resulting jam with the primer partly in the shell and part remaining in the slide.  this problem requires fairly major disassembly to resolve, and I would like to acquire a new slide if possible.  Please send me a message if you have one for sale.  Thanks.

Steve
S B Doering

Stillwater

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Small Primer Slide Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:21 pm »
If you can't find the slide that you need, have a machinist drill yours out, make and press fit a bushing, with the properly sized hole.

Bill

tony barone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 01:53:36 am »
Give Bill Cunningham a shout and he will help you out.

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:14:31 am »
Steve
I have a new Primer slide that I can spare, But it is possible that Your Problem could be solved using Your existing slide by making an adjustment of the "angle lever cam." This cam can be bent toward or away from the tool head to align the primer slide so that the primer punch is centered on the hole in the slide  at the bottom of the down stroke. 

Here is how to do it: To adjust primer slide bend the cam( that operates the angle lever) either in or out as necessary to cause the inner end of primer slide to just
touch the main column without any strain on the angle lever when the handle is all the way down.

If You still need a new small primer slide Email me:  miltonetime (at sign) aol (dot) com

Good Shooting

Lindy