Author Topic: MA Systems Case Feeder --- Need Help  (Read 9660 times)

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
MA Systems Case Feeder --- Need Help
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »
Greetings,

I have an MA Systems "Easy Case Feeder" that came with a used press. I do not think the parts are original as it looks rather "Mickey Mouse" as assembled.

Does anyone have one of these that is up and running? I would like to see some detailed photos of a proper one before I call MA Systems to ask for parts. Perhaps I can machine the parts myself.

Areas of interest are the axle and the spring that pushes the Nylon case feed block.

With kind regards,

Dave Wilson

wayne

Re: MA Systems Case Feeder --- Need Help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »
Hello Dave, I have one and I finally got it back together and working fine.What part are you calling an axle ? The rod that goes through the nylon block?The spring was the mystery
Wayne

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:23:48 pm »
Greetings Wayne,

MA refer to the part that goes through the Nylon block as the "Axle". It is 1/4" diameter with two holes for the push rods, yes?

The mystery spring is of great interest. Any chance of a digital photo to show how it is installed? Also, a photo of the spring removed from the unit, providing this is not creating a reassembly nightmare.

With kind regards,

Dave Wilson

PS. Did you get the MA Case Ejector adjusted and working properly?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:17:42 pm by fc60 »

wayne

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »
Hello Dave ,My case ejector is working very nice.I hope I'm adding pictures,first time for me.Anyway installation of the spring.The spring has a short and a long leg.Remove the nylon slide and the screw that goes through the side and rear of the bronze bushing.Place the spring into the body from the front with the short closed loop trapped by the screw before the screw enters into the bushing cutaway.You should have the coil part of the spring now on the side of the body and the long open end of the hanging somewhat in the center.Put the screw all the way in.Put the slide in while placing the loop into the slot in the back of the slide.Clear???

wayne

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 06:47:12 pm »
In addition to the above ,the small 4x48 screw is something I added to prevent the cartridge case from sliding rearward.There was a constant problem without it.

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:22:05 am »
Greetings Wayne,

The photos helped a lot! I now know my axle is homemade (a cheap bolt). I will now machine a proper looking axle from piece of hardened steel.

The spring is a complicated piece of work. I will call MA Systems and order a correctly made one.

I suspect the screw is photo #3 is the 4-48 screw you mentioned? My housing only has one screw near the top that clamps the case tube guide.

Again, many thanks.

Cheers,

Dave