Author Topic: A historical enquiry about George Hensley & Star Machine Works  (Read 10064 times)

JLWade

• View Profile
A historical enquiry about George Hensley & Star Machine Works
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:28:37 am »
Hensley & Gibbs bullet molds were sold for a time through Star Machine Works, and one of its principals, George Hensley, had
a long friendship and collaboration with Ellard Mock of Star. 

I was wondering if there are any former Star Employees on this forum who knew George Hensley personally, or knew other members of his family.  (He and his 4 siblings all died without heirs).  Any referals would also be greatly appreciated.

I live in the house where the Hensley family lived, and my back patio was the site of the old H&G workshop.  The house was recently historically designated, largely for the contributions of the first generation of Hensleys in America, but there is a real scarcity of information about the life of George and Fred Hensley, and their sisters Nellie and Olive.   If there is anyone who knew these folks personally, I would be much obliged to learn more about them.  I may be reached at the email in my profile;

Jim Wade

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: A historical enquiry about George Hensley & Star Machine Works
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:24:33 am »
The link below is the best I have found concerning Hensly & Gibbs molds, and the History of the company.   Sounds like you have done some research alreeady, and may have seen this website already

http://hgmould.gunloads.com/casting/hgmoldchart.htm   
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com