Author Topic: New to Star Press  (Read 7835 times)

Tang

• View Profile
New to Star Press
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:09:04 pm »
I finally unpacked the Star press I bought several years back, it was to be equipped to load .38 Special, 38 Super and .45 ACP.  There is a toolhead on the press for .38 Super and a seond tolhead which also has .38 Super dies.

Slight problem I only shoot and reload .45 ACP, looks like I should have checked the machine before laying down my money.

I bought the machine from a guy who used to be a competition shooter and it is a very clean machine.  I will say it is an impressive tool.

I was looking forward to giving the Dillon a rest and using the Star but I see I won't be doing any reloading with the Star.

I was watching some of the videos on YouTube and I like the way the Star press was running.

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: New to Star Press
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:13:51 am »
You could probably trade or sell one of your 38 setups and get the 45ACP setup. Providing you have a Universal Press.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

Tang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
It is a Universal press.

Tang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:55:23 am »
I was able to take the press apart the other day and I find the dies and shell plate in the machine are for .38 Special.  I also have spare tool head and shellplate for .38 super.

I also discover the press has a small primer magazine tube, small primer slide, and small primer punch bushing.

If anybody interesting in trading for .45 ACP dies with toolhead, shellplate and and primer assembly contact me and we might work up a deal.

I know and individual contacted me about some of these items but I could not send a response because their box was full. :'(]

Thanks

lukasboy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:53:55 pm »
Hello, If your 38 super shell plate is for sale I'll take it. lukasboyatverizondotnet