Author Topic: Cartridge Tubing  (Read 9009 times)

rlh

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Cartridge Tubing
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »
I have three Star machines; only, one short length of the tubing used for the cartridges. Does anyone know what is the tubing and where can I order some. Also, is the 45ACP the same diameters(inside and out) as the 9mm? Appreciate any help on this subject as the one piece is getting well worn. Does anyone know about a rig that looks like a funnel on top that you would put cases in while loading?

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Cartridge Tubing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »
NacMasters Carr for tubing, the funnsl thing is called a Free Loader.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

DDStraitwell

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »
For tubing (one size fits all) for the Star you can call Ed Broadback in NJ  -  973 366 5988 -He has sold me a batch of five, I believe, and they are the right size for all standard cartridges in the star. The funnel thing you mentioned is a "freeloader" (I use several). Don't know who might have them. They work fine but require a different device to put on the  machine to make them rock back and forth. Call me if I can help you get what you need.  DDStraitwell  713 643 8834.  Love them Stars Let's keep them working!

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »
Another alternative is to use a Lee Case Feeder and Collator with your Star.   I sell an adapter that lets you mount the Lee Case Feeder to you reloader.   The Lee Collator works in much the same way as the Freeloader in that you dump in handfuls of brass, and they turn bottom side down and fall into the tube.  The Lee case feeder has four tubes which can be rotated into position in turn as each is empty.   I used to use the Freeloader, but switched all of my machines over to Lee case feeders.

I supply the adapter along with an 11" piece of Hulme case feeder tube to connect the adapter to the Hulme case feeder.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:38:58 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:42:32 am »
((I posted this awhile back, hopefully it's still current))

Another source for clear acrylic tubing
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:49 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clear Acrylic Tubing in 1/2 and 5/8 inches (other sizes too) available in 6 ft lengths at the store, can be shipped to You in 3 ft lengths only. shipping is extra.

1/2 Tubing= 45 cents per foot or $2.45 per six foot length
5/8 Tubing= 75 cents per foot or $3.25 per six foot length

TAP PLASTICS INC.
1859 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, Ca 95204-5725

209-937-9300
209-937-9400  Fax
dom (at sign) tapplastics (dot) com

You can telephone in an order, fax it in or order useing the above email addy

Good Shooting

Lindy

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »
I use Chevron case feeders on mine, i have 4 of them, found 2 origanol, and built 2, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member