Author Topic: anyone use a MA Systems Bullet feeder  (Read 28703 times)

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: anyone use a MA Systems Bullet feeder
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:08:08 am »
Thanks that pic helped a bunch , looks like the tube is the same as the MA System collator I use on my lube master, wasn't sure if it was a simple one like that or something that let only a few bullets at a time stack in the ready for the feeder because of weight
Bob
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:30:49 pm by angus6 »

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:39:48 pm »
Tony,  Thanks for the reply.  The casefeeder does seem to work well, it is just a bit different than the Hulme.  There are two smaller guide arms that help align the slide mechanism.  Instead of a plunger there is a nylon block with a U milled into it to give a very positive positioning of the case.  It does work well with the MA case kicker at the final station.  When I got this one the internal spring was not in place, so that was a bit of a trick to get that back into position.  Thanks for posting the nice pics, your neat setup makes mine look like a bit of a trash pile.   

Bob, The 1000 is good, quite pleased with the design and the smoothness of the mechanism.  It seems to have little wear in the linkage or slop in the shell plate platform.  I saw the one you are referring to.  It was missing several critical parts so you may have been better off waiting.  (Powder measure, slides, cam mechanism... )  Good luck with the bullet feeder.  Let us know how it goes.

askimball (Doc)

• Active Members
  • Cell - 318-518-0829 Central Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 10:41:43 pm »
I'd like to have one of those Bullet Feeders (M-A)

I'd trade a Star Reloader for a set-up of a M-A Bullet Feeder.. ;D
Doc - I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Retired Police Captain

LeupoldMRK4

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »
Joatman
Is that the RL 1000 that was on  ebay with the dillon case trimmer?

I looked at that one too. I also called Dillon to see if it was rebuilt like the guy was saying.  The guy I talked to worked there for 25 yrs( so I thought he knew what he was talking about) said they have not rebuilt any RL 1000's in 2-3 years.

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 07:39:50 pm »
Yes, I belive that was it.  Lots of expensive parts missing and only a chance replacing them (at probable high cost).  Surprising just how much of the Star design was incorporated into that press.  Too expensive to build and support though.  Sorry about the thread drift.