Author Topic: *** HELP *** IS THIS A STAR LUBE SIZER  (Read 18845 times)

bigdaddy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
*** HELP *** IS THIS A STAR LUBE SIZER
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:41:05 am »
I recently found this vintage bullet sizer/lube press at an estate sale.
I can not find a company name or marking of any kind to identify or date this vintage reloading tool.
The body is all cast iron , with machined steel parts , the lube tube cap is cast brass or bronze
The lube tube looks brass but a magnet sticks to it ?

This press looks to be in good operating condition with no broken or missing parts
The die in it is not marked , I believe it is a .38 cal die

Here are some photos  I look forward to hearing your opinion on this vintage reloading tool

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:57:11 am by bigdaddy »

dbltapster

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: *** HELP *** IS THIS A STAR LUBE SIZER
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:13:31 am »
I passed your information on two a couple of guys I know in the Pittsburgh area.  They are very knowledgable about vintage casting/reloading equipment.  So far they have check their references back to 1940 with no luck.  They're still looking.

bigdaddy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »
dbltapster
Thank Your for the help...

bigdaddy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:31:46 pm »
I posted this on castbullits also. Someone on that forum said he thinks it might have been made by a company called "Meepos"
I had never heard of that company...So I'm going to start researching Meepos & see what I can find...

bigdaddy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 03:28:52 pm »
When I first got this press I quickly checked the parts with a magnet. The magnet stuck to everything but the lube tube cap.
Witch I figured out was brass or bronze. The lube tube itself just didn't have the right color to be steel but the magnet stuck to it.
So I assumed it was steel. This morning I got my magnet out again & did some checking on the lube tube again. Turns out the lube tube is not steel it is brass or maybe copper. The magnet was attracted to what ever is inside the lube tube. Maybe this will help someone figure out who made this press.

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »
Bigdaddy

Hi. Have You tried the "antique reloading tools forum"

http://www.antiquereloadingtools (dot) com

Good shooting

Lindy

rojkoh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:02 pm »
I passed your information on two a couple of guys I know in the Pittsburgh area.  They are very knowledgable about vintage casting/reloading equipment.  So far they have check their references back to 1940 with no luck.  They're still looking.

Contact: Bruce Williams  - [no e-mail]@.com, he'll know and he's great at refurbishing old star stuff.