Author Topic: Powder Cutoff WTB  (Read 10743 times)

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Powder Cutoff WTB
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:44 am »
Is Maurilew (or anyone else) still making the powder reservoir cutoff/drain for use on the Star Progressive™ press?  I'm stumbling along trying to get my press up and running to see me.

Froggie

ar dick harris

• Active Members
  • retired BE shooter
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Cutoff WTB
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:45:13 am »
I have a new one that can be seen on my post of a Star 38 spl loader on this site, It is $85 shipped within the lower 48, be sure to read the instructions that are posted there also.

arh
Regards
A.R"Dick" Harris
559-432-2568

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:24:54 am »
The Maurilew makes a very nice unit.   You can see pictures in this post; http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1525.msg6251#msg6251

Send him a PM, I think he still offers them.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

maurilew

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:24:19 pm »
Thanks again Bruce     Ma
maurilew

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 09:08:38 pm »
Another vote for the Maruilew drain... great tool at a good price.

John

z4lunch

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Cutoff WTB Sold
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 08:00:35 am »
Is Maurilew (or anyone else) still making the powder reservoir cutoff/drain for use on the Star Progressive™ press?  I'm stumbling along trying to get my press up and running to see me.

Froggie

I have one of those I'd sell... $30 shipped to your SOLD
Steve
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:19:46 pm by z4lunch »

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 09:46:03 am »
Thanks to all who have replied.  I am in contact with Maurilew in person and a brand new cutoff unit should be on the way to me within the coming week.  I think this will have my 1950s vintage but nearly unused Star Progressive™ updated and upgraded and ready to load both 38 WC & SWC rounds.  The only addition(s) I may need will be additional powder slides and/or an adjustable one.  I have already gotten the Hulme case feeder with the addition of an Lee™ carousel-type cartridge case reservoir and funnel as well as a bunch of tubes for the factory primer feed.  I should be good to go for a while at least!  8)  Thanks again to all who have helped!  :)

Froggie

Green Frog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »
Well, I've owned my Star Progressive™ for 25 years, staring at it and getting a few update parts along the way and planning to eventually make up the dream reloading setup for 38 Spl.  I finally got up to see my friend and guru Dale53 in Ohio this past weekend and assembled all the goodies I've been gathering (including this powder shut-off) onto my Progressive.  Since this was my first real experience using the press, the shut-off was a very important part of my education.  A big complaint folks have is the mess that is made whenever you get out of sequence and try to get back on track.  As steep as my learning curve is at this time, loose, uncontrolled powder is not something I need to worry about.  Now I just have to remember to turn the powder back on when the process resumes!  ;)

Thanks again MA, for a great product!  ;D

Froggie