Author Topic: Case kicker and auto indexer-UPDATE  (Read 9073 times)

1TonyE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Case kicker and auto indexer-UPDATE
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:49:26 pm »
 Hey Guys,

Just a note of thanks to Ray and Ruby Brandes for the quality on the case kicker and indexer.  Just received them today and they are great!! Looking forward to getting them installed on by Star Reloader tomorrow.
I'll keep posting on how they work.

Tony :)

:D Installed kicker and indexer yesterday morning. Few adjustments and the kicker was "kicking." The indexer was a bit more of a challange because of newness of the part and mainly the operator...haha, if you know what I am saying. After a 20 - 30 min adjustment period, I can say the kicker and indexer pair is well worth the money.  Nice job Ray!!

Thanks!!

Tony  :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:44:05 pm by 1TonyE »

hemitom

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Case kicker and auto indexer-UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:42:39 am »
 :) Yes, I too am the proud owner of a couple of Ray's last Moon Units and Case Kickers - I sold one to Bruce W. because he needed one, and because I kind of like the drop through feature on my now THREE Star presses - .45,  38/357 & 9MM (have I developed a fondness for Stars, or what - three in just over a month!!!!   Tony, you and I seem to have started with Stars at about the same time, by what I can read on the forum and I think I was the order for two of Ray's units , just before you.  Ray is a wonderful guy to deal with - too bad he has retired, maybe Bruce W. or Rich Daniels will pick up where Ray left off - pretty big shoes to fill, as my Moon Units work like Mama on Vodka.   Anyway, Cheers to yours (and my) new endeavor!
Hemitom
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Navy League
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified International Investigator
Automotive Photojournalist

Kirk A

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »
I got one of the last four moon units & case kickers. It is my second, and is waiting for my next Universal.

If anyone is considering picking up that design for additional production, I will add my vote of interest.

-Kirk
Distinguished Pistol
Distinguished Revolver

1TonyE

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 10:17:08 am »
hemitom and kirk a,

I think we ordered about the same time. When I ordered, Ray had only 4 kickers and indexer left also. Not sure if he is out now or not. I didn't know he was going to retire though.All I know is I love my kicker and indexer.
 When I get up and running with powder charge bars, the kicker/indexer will make the process alot easier. I'm looking to drill one of my bars out to fit the hornady bushings I see talked about on the forum and see how that works. I have one already "drilled" out  ,if you want to call it that, where the previous owner attempted to do  with a handheld drill, I think.  I've checked into the adjustable bars and see pros/cons for both types of bars. Anyway, adjustable bars  are out of my reach right now. So, I'm looking into the least expensive way to make my Star press operational.

If anyone has experience with hornady bushings and Star charge bars retro fitting, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your Help!!!

Tony

hemitom

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 05:18:03 pm »
Hey, Tony - In reviewing your powder charge dilemma, I thought about a great guy I talked to the other night, and I am considering his powder measure ideas, and you might want to call him.  Send me a PM and I'll give you his particulars.  Hemitom
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Navy League
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified International Investigator
Automotive Photojournalist